Your Retrobike least wanted list.

1. Trek - Yawn
2. Marin - Yawn
3. URT suspension - An ugly, rubbish idea
4. Klein - Overpriced, overpainted and over here!!
5. Cannondale - Soulless and spawned hoards of fat tubed aluminium crap
6. Saracen - Yawn.......and then came the BSO years

I would say that there are examples of all of the above that I've quite liked but in general, they really don't flick my switch....

not sure really .

there is at least one model in each brand I would not mind having .

but as a rule I stay away from :

kona ( except hei hei )
orange ( I like the modern ones )
trek ( except the carbon/alu bonded ones )
giant ( except cadex )
raleigh ( except the JT replicas :LOL: )

Major22":2iesngam said:
Great thread :)

Haven't unfortunately ridden all of the below, but I got the picture that in this particular thread it's about looks and feeling of a certain brand/bike, not ride characteristics nor chraftmanship.

I'm sure many of the above are fine or even great bikes in many respects, but they just doesn't appeal to me on a personal level.

Spot on! Exactly what I was thinking when I started this. :D

During the war the Nazis confiscated all bikes overhere. The few left rode on rims or home made wooden tyres, because no rubber tyres available. In such situation you're happy with any bike. It is all relative. Even the ugliest bike can be cherished as trusty friend for bringing you home year after year.

On a side note: I remember reading that Chris Chance would be happy if he saw his bikes being used for utilitarian purposes after being retired from racing. Also the FAT isn't too good - they are mere tools.

Stick Legs":2qidg2re said:
The point of this thread is that it purely heart not head descisions.

I love my Pace, I am not offended by the anti Pace comments, 'cos it does not make me love mine any less. Similarly just 'cos I have lots of things to do with £700 before I buy a Fat Chance does not make them bad bikes.

Great responses but remember guys'n gals. Keep it friendly. Humble pie tastes bad when you do get a Zaskar in 2 years time and LOVE IT! :LOL:

:LOL: .....i just commented positively on a zaskar elsewhere on the forum.......hung my head in shame!..... :roll:

Hardtails.
BITD I always imagined that HT's would be horrible to ride, full suspension would be good, but HT's with the front moving and the back not would be aweful to ride.

I rode one for the first time a couple of weeks ago and realised i was right!
For me at least.

I'm also going to add all Aluminium rigid frames to my list, if you want a lightweight race bike they are fine. But for normal use they just don't have the personality/feel/character of other materials.

Rod_Saetan":3mxhe7i1 said:
Retrobike least wanted?

Censorship.

Retrobike most wanted?

Eliteism.

;)

(Just a bit of fun, don't take it too seriously, I think I have made that fairly clear through this thread :) .)

Back