What is it? S.Cargo folding trailer Distributed by Riteway Products England

rickpaulos

Retro Newbie
Got this yesterday. I'm not finding any information on it on the www. Looks like it may be missing something to hold the hitch joint up so it doesn't fall to the ground. I suppose it had some cargo container too. 12" tires. Mostly aluminum construction. Seeking instructions or flyers with complete photos.

from the labels:

S.Cargo Distributed by Riteway Produces Inc.

WARNING
Do not use this rack/trailer to transport any human beings or animals.
All screws and clamps must b fully tightened before use in either position
Maximum recommended loads
rack: 10KG/22 lbs Trailer: 25KG/55 lbs

Patents Pending
GB940238.1
PCT GB94/00239
Manufactured in the UK by
J D Corrie & Co LTD, (or is that JB Corrie & Co LTD. now a fence company)
Frenchmans Road, Petersfield
Hampshire. GU323AP. England

Thanks.
S.Cargo.trailer (6).JPG S.Cargo (4).JPG S.Cargo (3).JPG S.cargo (5).JPG S.Cargo (2).JPG S.Cargo.trailer (1).JPG S.Cargo.trailer (3).JPG S.Cargo.trailer (4).JPG S.Cargo.trailer (5).JPG

Attachments

• S.Cargo.trailer (2).JPG
    S.Cargo.trailer (2).JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 2
Your intermediate hitch needs to be vertical not horizontal -

Circled in red
20240922_201611.jpg
There's an indent that the swingarm (A) fits in to.
Then the trailer can pivot in turning around the upright at B:
20240922_201834.jpg
So I think you have everything, just need to align and orient it👍

Ahh, that worked, Thanks.

Discovered a 16" tube wadded up in the 12" tire. And the tube was slimed that had congealed and made the wheel very out of balance and gunked up the valve. The tire had duct tape on it. Another attempt to stop a leak by taping around the tire and rim? The tires are in fair condition. This might be from 1994 based on the GB patent number?

Gave it a scrub down so it looks better. Didn't help the action any. It's rather stiff and stubborn. Not a trailer you would want to fold up for the closet every day. I expect the primary folding feature was so it would fit in a smaller box for shipping to stores or customers.

There are 2 pins / studs on the underside of the frame. The way they are shaped, it looks like a snap action fitting. I wonder what kind of box/bag(s) was used with this.

16.tube.12.wheel (2).JPG 16.tube.12.wheel (1).JPG

Back