Who's got what on the go, right now...??

into next week i am putting a triple mavic chainset on the sannie as well as replacing the bb so i can fit the thing..it also needs a damn good polish too....lots of heel rub ...i may even look to changing the chainrings for some pretty stuff too...

Picked up northerdave's old 1992 Orange Prestige F&F from kase1983 last week...

006-3.jpg

Will start a build thread when I get going with it, but nothing will happen for at least a fortnight due to work commitments, so this is it for now I'm afraid!

See Dave's thread on how it should look fully built -

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83915

- so not much to live up to then, eh?!!

Frame number is A203 3794 by the way, which'll settle some dispute over the month/year - March '92 right?

It'll be fully rigid, Deore DX/XT mix with all the usual suspects - X-Lite, Mavic, USE, Panaracer, Flite etc

Will no doubt require the assistance of fellow retrobikers for this one, it'll be the first time I've built up a bike since '96!

Need an AliStalk stem, 1" with 135mm reach (black or silver) if anyone's got one for sale..? Will pop a 'wanted' ad up now anyway :)

Cheers,

Matty

;)

marin pine mountain which i didn't manage to sell on here...i'm considering converting it to a single speed for simplicities sake, but then i remember that we have hills around here. *sighs*

Specialized FSR in JMC colors - Needs rear hub, chain and cables. Possibly a tyre swapover too.

Specialized FSR - Needs tyres, chainset, cassette, chain and cables.

GT RTS 3 - Needs wheels building (although I have the bits), gear levers, cassette and a blob of weld

GT LTS 1 - Needs front hub. (36h x 20mm thru)

Giant ATX 990 in Tomac Polished colors - Needs EVERYTHING!!! Bare frame.

Jimmy5willy - Needs way more free time.

$(KGrHqMOKjUE2zMhJN-WBN2RWOyd,!~~_12.JPG

The bike is my only bike so gets used a lot but is kind of a rolling ongoing project to update it to how i want it.

It is a 1996 Specialized stumpjumper A1 FS.
I have just fitted some Judy SL forks.
Octalink chainset, XT rear mech, SLX shifters, XTR cables.
Mavic 238 rear wheel on parallax hub.
WTB raijin race tyres with conti lightweight tubes.
WTB shadow v saddle, FSA seatpost.
FSA stem and clubroost handlebars with clamp on brace.

Next updates are an Avid BB7 front brake on an FSA XC300 wheel, tubeless conversion, maybe an A2Z adapter on the back for a disc if i find out you can fit one ok.
And on and on and on.
015-5.jpg

016-3.jpg

Dossa":uw3p7upz said:
Picked up northerdave's old 1992 Orange Prestige F&F from kase1983 last week...

006-3.jpg

Will start a build thread when I get going with it, but nothing will happen for at least a fortnight due to work commitments, so this is it for now I'm afraid!

See Dave's thread on how it should look fully built -

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83915

- so not much to live up to then, eh?!!

Frame number is A203 3794 by the way, which'll settle some dispute over the month/year - March '92 right?

It'll be fully rigid, Deore DX/XT mix with all the usual suspects - X-Lite, Mavic, USE, Panaracer, Flite etc

Will no doubt require the assistance of fellow retrobikers for this one, it'll be the first time I've built up a bike since '96!

Need an AliStalk stem, 1" with 135mm reach (black or silver) if anyone's got one for sale..? Will pop a 'wanted' ad up now anyway :)

Cheers,

Matty

;)

Forgot this was for sale! :roll: Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

brocklanders023":1mggppa3 said:
I've got a 1999 orange/white Orange Clockwork frame + 1992 Alpinestars E-Stay frame ready for some love. Don't have many parts in the spares bin so not sure what direction either will take at the moment. The Alpinestars needs some welding so the quality of the finish will decide the quality of the final build.

Got my eye on a couple of Orange's in the FS section so if I go for any of them (or if I some how bag a Yo ;) ) the two above will probably get put on the back burner. I need something to come along that really gets my juices flowing because both the frames I've got are not inspiring me right now tbh.

The above frames are still sat in exactly the same place but I've got an Orange Aluminium Elite frame on the way so that's my new project. My grey Clockwork will donate parts to the Elite so that will have a revamp also. Was close to a Yo but couldn't make the deal work.

okay comming back to this like edd (brock) has
titan halftrac ,nearly offf to the powder coaters
fisher AL1 built and enjoyed
LTS built and being developed
ali backend fitted to the 18" rts
86 fuji being looked at with a view to build a nice relaxed off road tourer

Back