Did Hope ever make an XD freehub for Pro 2 hubs?

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As the title really. Can anyone clarify for me please? And does anyone have one going spare (if they exist)?
Thank you.
Rich

They definitely did one for the Evo iteration as I had one, although I can't remember if the Evo free hub worked on the original without the different axle as it's a while ago.

Thanks. I have an Evo XD freehub and found an old Evo axle at work. Going to see if I can retrofit them to my pro 2. The diameter of the Evo freehub where it interfaces with the ratchet ring in the hubshell looks very close (and also the pawls and springs are the same between pro 2 and Evo) so it gives me some hope (no pun intended) that things might fit together.

Well, it worked. You probably already knew it would.
Thus, there is no pro 2 XD freehub body, but rather a new pro 2 EVO axle, end caps and freehub body. The 20 year old Hope lives on! Joy!

Well, it worked. You probably already knew it would.
Thus, there is no pro 2 XD freehub body, but rather a new pro 2 EVO axle, end caps and freehub body. The 20 year old Hope lives on! Joy!
I'm glad you got it sorted, I knew the axle was the fundamental change as the originals were notorious for bending/cracking/snapping in 12mm guise but couldn't remember what else changed, other than a single bearing was different to accommodate the axle. My Pro 2 hubs are a mix of proto stuff that looked old but was new, and actual old, and so can't ever remember what works together so have to try different bits until something fits. No XD though, that got sold a while back.

Latest posts

Back