What price to pay for a good chromoly GT frame like Avalanche, Bravado or Karakoram?

As for the chainset, I am looking to get a period correct Shimano Deore DX or XT, I know the original spec was Deore DX, but I would be happy with either, depending on how much I'll end up spending. How much difference is there between the Deore DX and XT, apart from weight?

/\ Shape & design wise they are identical. DX are cast & XT forged, the DX appear more shiny/polished if in good cond. Chainrings may vary, early XT might be black or bio-pace if even earlier. Not much in it really.

/\ Shape & design wise they are identical. DX are cast & XT forged, the DX appear more shiny/polished if in good cond. Chainrings may vary, early XT might be black or bio-pace if even earlier. Not much in it really.
Thank you for that info, I may end up going for Deore XT as there seems to be more for sale on eBay.
However if anyone on this great forum has one for sale at a reasonable price I might take them up on the offer.

Latest posts

Back