Today's Ride

Chilly feeling 10 degrees, 10-12 steady E breeze. High broken cloud. Not quite as epic sunrise as yesterday but still pretty, pretty, pretty good 🙏 👍

h1HR7F.jpg

Behind me:

XmyC1U.jpg

Not a very exciting one, but important for me. A few weeks back i came pretty close to losing a finger in a power tool accident, so I've been unable to ride post op. Stitches are now out so I ventured out on a gentle circuit. All went fine, but uphills where you naturally pull on the bars were a bit tricky.

1727882149920.png

Aargh - home accident or work accident?

I had a friend with half a thumb. Or half a thumb off, depending on glass half full etc. He would not say how he did it. Then one day he opened up.

‘Lost it when I was a safety officer doing a demonstration. Vertical centre turn lathe. About two hundred very thin slices. Not something you could sew back together. Finding the pieces and then getting them in the right order would have been tricky…’

Hope full function is returning …
I’ve got another one from the same team as the guy with the half-thumb. Another member had a scar running down from his right eyebrow to his chin. A wide scar. One of those scars which look like it was obtained from the use of a razor in a bar fight in Glasgow. After a week or so of the team working together, we were in a bar and I decided to say ‘how did you get that? It looks like one from a razor cut in a Glasgow bar..’. He grinned and said ‘funny you should say that…I got it from a razor in Glasgow during a bar fight…’.

He was an innocent victim, very late at night, a very crowded, dark and very loud bar and everyone well lubricated. Suddenly something went up either side of him, a number of people suddenly up and fighting and he was just in the middle. He thought someone passing had pushed him in the jaw and simply made sure he leaned forward and out of the fight…only to have one of the two women he was with look at him, scream, and faint. He genuinely wondered what was going on in the mayhem only for the other woman to say ‘my god half your face is off…’ and he then saw all the blood streaming out…the cut had been so clean that he had no idea. But it was quite a sewing job for the A+E medics….

Anyway…back to Today’s Ride….

Last edited:
Back