Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Friday-Low clouds and mist on the climb up to the West, about 52 F. I rode up the hill with CK and Warren today. We are supposed to get a small series of rainstorms passing through here for the next several days, and we still need lots of rain to make up for the last four years of drought. :) Nice on Iron Springs Road today, unpaved and a little damp on the way up to about 900'. A little mushroom hunting in the woods at a choice spot at the top. Warren found some Oyster Mushrooms for eating, and we also found a large Jack-O-Lantern fungi...

Attachments

• Jack o  Lantern.jpg
    Jack o Lantern.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 739
  • Mushroom Hunting.jpg
    Mushroom Hunting.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 739
  • At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 739
Re:

Today-Saturday- After some overnight rain, we rode up 900' to the Council Rocks West of town. Then a second and third climb to the start of the big descent. Sunny and about 53 F. out...

Attachments

• Blue sky.jpg
    Blue sky.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 720
  • Council Rocks.jpg
    Council Rocks.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 720
  • North Bay View.jpg
    North Bay View.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 720
  • Top of the first climb.jpg
    Top of the first climb.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 720
Re:

A quick 'there-and-back-again' route today along some deserted rural Missouri country dirt roads. The first seven miles were directly into a stiff headwind. The only highlight was seeing a pair of denim overalls flying at 90 degrees to the washing line. At that point I realized why i was only doing about 5mph and I regretted not having the camera with me. But at least the route back was super speedy.

Re:

Today-Wednesday- It's been raining here for about three days, and we need the water, so thank goodness for it all. Today is dry and sunny, so, to blow out my lungs I went up the steepest way to the West, into the Open Space District. Still not muddy in the woods under the trees-I'm OK with that...

Attachments

• Today's trail.jpg
    Today's trail.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 657
What I like the most about holidays like xmas and so on is that everything gets so deserted and I can almost have it all. To myself. Merry xmas!

:xmas-wink:

Attachments

• deserted lake.JPG
    deserted lake.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 642
  • deserted house.JPG
    deserted house.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 642
  • deserted road.JPG
    deserted road.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 642
Re:

Today-Friday, Christmas Day-We rode up to Tamarancho-beautiful clear day, chilly out, about 52 F. Merry Christmas, guys...

Attachments

• SF Bay.jpg
    SF Bay.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 622
  • New table.jpg
    New table.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 622
  • At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 622
Boxing Day. This one's especially for you, dear Wozrick!

Attachments

• DSC_0439.JPG
    DSC_0439.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC_0437.JPG
    DSC_0437.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC_0430.JPG
    DSC_0430.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 428
  • wozrick's bench.JPG
    wozrick's bench.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 428
Re:

Today-Saturday-sunny and chilly, about 50 F. (10 C.)-We rode up about 1000' into the Open Space District, then dropped down into Tamarancho for a rest stop at the Council Rocks...

Attachments

• Tamarancho.jpg
    Tamarancho.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 425
  • Loma Alta 1592'.jpg
    Loma Alta 1592'.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 425
  • At the council rocks.jpg
    At the council rocks.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 425
Back