Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Wednesday-A morning ride up into the Water District on Tam...

Attachments

• Big boys.jpg
    Big boys.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 325
  • Phoenix Lake.jpg
    Phoenix Lake.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 325
Re:

Today-Friday-An early morning ride to the Bay and back-Longun, the Coast Redwoods we have around here are the tallest trees on the planet-the tallest measured one is up North of here about 150 miles- 379 feet tall...

Attachments

• Ducks in  a row.jpg
    Ducks in a row.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 301
  • Morning Sun.jpg
    Morning Sun.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 301
Re:

I struggle after a couple of hours, too, flyer :) . The skies look so deep blue there, and that van looks perfect for camping and bringing along the bikes! Today-Saturday-We rode up to the West of town. Lots of people on the trails as it is perfect out, about 80 F. with a nice breeze...

Attachments

• Descending Iron Springs road.jpg
    Descending Iron Springs road.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 280
  • View from 900'.jpg
    View from 900'.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 280
  • At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 280
Re: down by the Thames

Me and my buddy explored a section of the Thames path on Saturday where we used to live(first time we had been back in nearly 40 years). The WW2 decoy barges are still lying on the mud at Rainham. No one wants them as they are concrete and have no scrap value. The old Gunpowder Mill at Purfleet still has one last big shell sitting outside, painted red in case you missed it !

Attachments

• gunpowdermill1 (575x1024).jpg
    gunpowdermill1 (575x1024).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 272
  • concrete barges (1024x575).jpg
    concrete barges (1024x575).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 272
Love that part of the Thames!

We have been dreaming about barges and such for a long time now. They ought to move those out somewhere and sink them to form reefs.

Pat, the sky is not that blue, just used a crappy app on the Sony phone. I need to scan in some slides I have of the local scenery, but I am between film scanners.

Don't normally use a vehicle, but we head into town for supplies now and then.

Our usual circuit with the dog, a few miles all off road mainly on well kept track.
91ud.jpg

Lunch overlooking our favourite burn.
s5ivic.jpg

End with a bimble around town and coffee at Inverness' finest cafe on our way for the weekly shop.
zmd3x0.jpg

Still not fit enough for the bigger hills, so it looks like that will be next year now thanks to the winter.

Re:

Today-Monday-A morning ride to the Bay and back, cooler mornings these days, about 56 F. when I left-although it's supposed to get hot this afternoon and the next few days, fall is in the air and the leaves are turning to fall colors...

Attachments

• Looong neck bird.jpg
    Looong neck bird.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Fall colors.jpg
    Fall colors.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 236
In the low 40s this morning so I figure by your standards we probably already got winter here, but only a week ago ppl were still riding in shorts. Incl yours truly. Can't recall ever doin that in October before. Gotta love this global warming!

Attachments

• shorts in october.jpg
    shorts in october.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 224
  • and down.jpg
    and down.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 224
  • up big hill.jpg
    up big hill.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 224
  • pretty windy though.jpg
    pretty windy though.jpg