Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Saturday-The Fairfax Festival weekend is here-the most crowded two days of the year downtown, with a parade, then music, food and drink for everyone. A brisk 15 miles towards the East, then back to Fairfax for the festivities...

Attachments

• More festival.jpg
    More festival.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Festival Crowd.jpg
    Festival Crowd.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 361
  • In the Creek.jpg
    In the Creek.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 361
Re:

Today-Tuesday-A toasty 86 F. this afternoon. We rode up to the Lakes through the Church of the Redwoods...

Attachments

• Looking at Bald Mtn..jpg
    Looking at Bald Mtn..jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 340
  • The Steepest Pitch.jpg
    The Steepest Pitch.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 340
  • Waiting for the pack.jpg
    Waiting for the pack.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 340
Re:

Today-Wednesday-A fine summer day around here, about 85 F. -Rode up to the trails to the West of town today...

Attachments

• Berm Shot.jpg
    Berm Shot.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 324
  • CK.jpg
    CK.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 324
Re:

Today-Thursday-A warm 82 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Tide is out.jpg
    Tide is out.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Bike Path.jpg
    Bike Path.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 310
Re:

Today-Friday-A ride south to Tam and the Water District-into the Church of the Redwoods...

Attachments

• Phoenix Lake.jpg
    Phoenix Lake.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 298

wet, miserable, slippery, short ride, stinging nettles and mozies everywhere............loved it

Re:

I like the color scheme on your bike, Longun :) Today-Saturday-About 84 F. and sunny-down to the Bay with a friend-through the bike tunnel to San Rafael from Greenbrae and back home, about 16 miles of easy spinning...

Attachments

• By the Bay.jpg
    By the Bay.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Colorful tree.jpg
    Colorful tree.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 273
  • Along the way.jpg
    Along the way.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 273
Today was "New Bike Day"! But while the new bike was getting the finishing touches, I rode my last new bike (2013) out to Limantour Beach on Point Reyes -- which I'd never been all the way out to before. Ran into this strange device:

18419941293_7087d45101_b.jpg

Got in a second ride later in the day on the new bike (also NorCal handmade). Very, very nice.

19035050002_bdb2089ba9_b.jpg

18419933323_96f7ea048f_b.jpg

23 miles of slightly warm, slightly breezy, typical British "summer" business yesterday. There were no traces of the downpour the previous evening so the ground is perfect for riding at the moment. Token gate shot:

KmG08Y.jpg

halaburt":4udt6q7e said:
Got in a second ride later in the day on the new bike (also NorCal handmade). Very, very nice.
Yep... looks very nice indeed. I love the bell... but can't figure out the size of wheels due to geometry confusing me. What size are they?

Back