Today's Ride

Mr Crudley":3uywwpj8 said:
26er":3uywwpj8 said:
I'd like to see (and hear!) it shift to the small ring, and then back up on the big ring again.
I bet we all would like to see that. I think the small ring is just there for 'structural integrity' to help hold the pizza ring on firmly or just for decoration....maybe...

The small ring looks untouched and I'm sure a DH'er would say "What do you need a small ring for, planning on riding up hills? ..sheesh.." :facepalm:

Yep, it's there for structural support only. With a 66 tooth big ring, there is no way that much chain slack could be taken up by the rear dreailleur-besides, it's a DH Bike, not meant to ride uphill :) ...

Re:

Today was spent fettling with bikes so as i had a quiet hour or so with no wife or daughter i went for a ride. Just through on my jacket, lid and grabbed my wallet and headed to the nearest town to put some money in the bank old school style haha. Was quiet, calm and warm. Just what i needed :) and no faff with riding gear....even ride a 10 year old specialized ;)

Re:

Today-Sunday-We have had a couple days of spring showers, but got out this afternoon for a ride up about 900' to Tamarancho. Low clouds obscured the top of Mt. Tam, but it stayed dry and was 62 F. and pleasant out...

Attachments

• Warren and Larry.jpg
    Warren and Larry.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 380
  • Zoom shot.jpg
    Zoom shot.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 380
  • The view.jpg
    The view.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 380
  • checking out the view.jpg
    checking out the view.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Low clouds.jpg
    Low clouds.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 380
Re:

Today-Tuesday-We rode up to the West of town, about 900' up. Seriously windy and about 64 F. today, so we hugged the ridge on the climb, to stay out of the wind and were rewarded with clean air and great views at the top...

Attachments

• Cranking hard up the turn.jpg
    Cranking hard up the turn.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 361
  • Near the top.jpg
    Near the top.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 361
  • Goldman Trail.jpg
    Goldman Trail.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 361
Re:

Today-Wednesday-I really like Spring weather-68 F. and sunny today, just right for that steep climb we have everywhere here in Fairfax. So up 900' or so to the West today...

Attachments

• Loma Alta.jpg
    Loma Alta.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 344
  • OG trail.jpg
    OG trail.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Serpentine Trail.jpg
    Serpentine Trail.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Yellow Brick Road.jpg
    Yellow Brick Road.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 344
Re:

Pat, Joe Breeze and I along with a couple of others made the two-hour trek to Sea Otter. Pat and his friends roamed the grounds, while Joe and I hung out in the Breezer booth signing copies of my book.

Joe made the sign, and did such an elaborate job, matching the typeface of the book cover, that the day was almost over when he posted it.

My bike, "Breezer #2" left its usual home at the MTB Hall of Fame to ride in the back of Otis Guy's classic Dodge pickup. Breezer #2 rode in a lot of pickups when it was young, and appreciates the opportunity to relive the moment.

Attachments

• breezer.jpg
    breezer.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 179
Re:

Had quite a time at the Sea Otter yesterday. Here's one Pic-the rest on another Thread titled "Sea Otter".

Attachments

• Pat, Yuichi, Howard.jpg
    Pat, Yuichi, Howard.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 168

Latest posts

Back