Tioga Disk Drive How-to?

angrytoaster":2wr963pl said:
:oops: I was wondering the exact same thing! Did you pre-tighten yours in the order, then go back and fully tighten it in the oder, or did you just do a full tight from the get go?

Well, from what I've been tought on wheel building you have to start off by evening the threads into the rim bolts as much as you can. If your rim is any good you will have it pretty straight and "non-egg" shaped (oval shaped). From there on you go about tightening it more and more while keeping it straight.

So I've ended up with averything tightened and straight, but I have no idea if they are actually tight enough. Normally after above mentioned steps they go to my bike shop to be tightened... but they said they didn't really wanna do that because they never had a Disc Drive before (I can imagine of course, liability etc).

So now I have a straight and true disc wheel and don't know if it's tight enough... so I was hoping someone on here could shed some light on that. Maybe about what kind of "feel" you should have on the rim bolts (since you can easily true them with a Philips driver as long as no rim tape is on).

Back