thought i'd give a cancer operation update

The 3M adhesive on some dressings brings my skin out in blisters. Perhaps try changing the brand? You could do without that discomfort.

ok so a few more days in, got up this morning which is now much easier, decided to walk 1 mile in to village for a cafe breakfast, then the mile back stopping to see some people on the way, managed that without too much of a problem, so i'm gonna have the rest of the week off then go back to work next tuesday, i'll have my buddy Olly to help me so all should be ok

ok, so have another little up date.

it's been just over 3 weeks since the op, i'm mostly fine now, i have to be careful what i lift, kettle is the limit really, i have been walking about 2 to 3 miles a day for last week or so, settled back in to normal sleeping, and went back to work yesterday, but i'm only doing 10-4 and my buddy Olly is helping out doing the workshop as i'm basically doing the phone/computer/talking to customers/selling etc, it'll be like that for atleast 2 to 3 weeks. i think i can drive in about 10 days time, will ask the consultant on the 25th, then another 2 weeks before i can ride.

the pther bonus is today i got the results from the op in terms of testing, i shouldn't need chemo, and the cancer doesn't look to have spread to the lymph nodes, which frankly i don't even know what they are but i know it's not good if that happens.

so i'll consider this a win.

More than a win. This is a great result Jonny - the pathology results are what you would hope for. Wishing you a good recovery from here.

Back