Things I have an irrational/unfounded dislike of...

I can't believe that helmet peaks are being added to this list - they're one of the best reasons for wearing a helmet in the first place!

I will admit I originally thought they were just a fashion thing when they first started appearing (and probably they were!) But after buying a helmet that happened to come with a peak, I couldn't live without one now.

In short - they help you see where you're going. Yes, you could wear glasses of some sort but I hate all those (make you either look ridiculous or a poser or likely both, separate you from everything round about you and are disorientating).

They keep most of the rain / snow / hail out of your eyes, and do a good job of shading your eyes from the sun (both features are frequently required simultaneously in Scotland :) )

I can't actually think of anything that I would like added to the list right now - I must be ill :LOL:

Agree totally with the klein comments. Great to look at but its a bike not a painting, and they ride awful! Horrible things.

Totally agree with the spin wheels as well. Fugly.

But some people seem to dislike anything that modern! :D Full suspension is progress (its rough ground), trail centres is progress (natural trails are now empty) ;)

Yikes - I own a full-sus GT.

And two Cannondales. :oops:

AND I can't resist pointing out Kaiser's incorrect use of the apostrophe. :D

I'd better keep quiet.

Gulp!

This thread is basically the opposite of me.

Not many GT lovers - I adore them
SPIN haters - I have just got one after years of wanting
A full suspension hater - I love my RTS
Someone that thinks helmet peaks rock - Euck IMO

Ho Hum, its all personal taste isnt it. We all love MTBs at the end of the day ;)

richwoodham":1dci74n8 said:
Yikes - I own a full-sus GT.

And two Cannondales. :oops:

AND I can't resist pointing out Kaiser's incorrect use of the apostrophe. :D

I'd better keep quiet.

;)

......hmmm, geeks that obsess over trivial details that, really for all their worth make no difference. (tin hat on for that one :LOL: ) .

Oh and neglected bikes in piss poor condition but still in regular use.

Sure there are some bikes/parts I'm not particularly interested in and may not be to my taste but... My pet hate is whingers*, particularly those found in the UK!

Maybe some of you could put some effort into saying something positive every now and then. ;)

*Whinge (winj): To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

andrewl":u814gtpv said:
Sure there are some bikes/parts I'm not particularly interested in and may not be to my taste but... My pet hate is whingers*, particularly those found in the UK!

Maybe some of you could put some effort into saying something positive every now and then. ;)

*Whinge (winj): To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

I liked that one! :LOL: . Pot/ Kettle etc :LOL:

Back