Tel's Stallion Cycle Shop Venture!

I wish you every success and prosperity in the coming year. If you were near me you'd have my business.
Do you do retro spares? Mail order?

Regards

Thank you :) I do do retro used supplies but it is an area of my site that needs to be created.

Here's so the new year. Important conversations to take part next week!

Terry,

Best of luck. I have PMed you with Norn Iron news!!

Happy New Year,

Richard

When I moved in May to premises four times the size my turnover increased by 4 fold. I can hold more stock which means I can sell more kit. Win win. I am getting to the point that win a year I will have to move again or hire more space as an additional stock room.

Hope the new premises work out, great photos and the corner bike shop is the perfect venue :)

I like the cave as well though, I remember when I was a kid my local bike shop was so full of stuff you had to stand in the same spot and just turnaround to see everything! :)

I missed your end-of-year update and have to say I'm impressed with how far you've come since we first talked about this; it really does look like a proper bike shop: nicely cluttered!

The new premises look interesting too: any rear access?

I know what you mean about being reluctant to charge adequately: just built two Winter trainers and am out-of-pocket on both of them; just as well I'm not doing it for a living! I guess that's the problem with turning your hobby into a business...

Anyway, here's to a prosperous 2014!

PS What's that red and white frame hanging by the door? Looks lovely! I've got a nice 27" wheelset (fixed/free, BHC hubs, Dunlop rims) you can have for postage: PM at "the other place" as I don't get here so often.

Thanks for all your interest and words of encouragement, really appreciate it....

Regarding the new place I am just awaiting the contract to come through and hope to have the keys by the weekend/ early next week. Can't wait! Things are very unsettled at the moment. Keep having little wobbles; is this a good move? However I tell myself to go with the flow there has been a series of events that have lead me to here, it was obviously meant to be. Carrying that thought stream along whether it succeeds or fails then that was also meant to be.....It won't fail!

Chris that's very generous I'll be in touch, sincere thanks for that.

Hopefully I'll have some updates on the new place very soon....

Things have changed a little now, pressure is building!

The guys that own the new shop (Pension trustee's) want to finalise conditions of my purchase of the property. The agreement has always been to rent with a view to buy in the future now they're wanting evidence of me being able to afford this (should be good for it) and what time frame we're looking at as they're not keen on letting. On the other hand I need to be sure that it is a sound buy and that the place is not a money pit, being 300 years old and left empty for the last 7 years not to mention a few dicky DIY modifications I'm not 100% that it is. I'm currently looking into getting the place surveyed although that's going to take time and I'm thinking that perhaps an experienced builder will have to do for now...

Furthermore my current landlord is putting pressure on me to make a decision as to whether I am staying or going as my current lease runs out at the end of Feb.

Ooof! Why do I make my life so hard!?

Latest posts

Back