TDF 2016

Good summaries, so has frome got it in the bag?

Is today or sunday last day, tje last day usually beong a procession if i recall correctly. Hopefully be a sage day for the crowds in paris after recent events.

Last day of GC today procession on Sunday as to wether Froome has it that all depends if he can stay on his bike today it is his to lose. It will be close run Thing for the finale 2 places on the Podium.

kingbling":37shirjt said:
He said that it was ironic as he was only out in front trying to stay out of trouble I didn't hear him say he was attacking anyone ???? and lets not forget he was the only rider to come off i know I've had mine
Aye, Mr Froome, forever the politician. He was quite ahead ... with Nibali, another known downhill attacker. Whenever the yellow Jersey goes off the front that can only bee seen as offensive. Plus did you see how long it took for his Sky henchmen to hook up with him.... to my mind that was more than safety up front outta the bunch

I'm hoping that the final day is not simply a procession, albeit it is a short stage. In 1978 on the last stage into Paris:

"Before the last stage, Hinault had an advantage of more than three minutes on Zoetemelk, and almost 25 minutes on the next cyclists. Traditionally, the last stage is run at a slow pace, because the winners are already known. But Zoetemelk attacked, and Hinault chased him. Together they stayed away from the rest, and Hinault beat Zoetemelk in the sprint, winning his seventh stage of the race."

Apparently while on the road, Zoetemelk tells Hinault "OK, you've won the tour now, let me win the final sprint".
Hinault says, "No, I'm not giving you a present!". More remarkable, Cyrille Guimard get's involved too and tells
Zoetemelk "There's still 40 km to go, why should Hinault stop racing now?"

Woz":1ksy8tuv said:
I'm hoping that the final day is not simply a procession, albeit it is a short stage. In 1978 on the last stage into Paris:

"Before the last stage, Hinault had an advantage of more than three minutes on Zoetemelk, and almost 25 minutes on the next cyclists. Traditionally, the last stage is run at a slow pace, because the winners are already known. But Zoetemelk attacked, and Hinault chased him. Together they stayed away from the rest, and Hinault beat Zoetemelk in the sprint, winning his seventh stage of the race."

Apparently while on the road, Zoetemelk tells Hinault "OK, you've won the tour now, let me win the final sprint".
Hinault says, "No, I'm not giving you a present!". More remarkable, Cyrille Guimard get's involved too and tells
Zoetemelk "There's still 40 km to go, why should Hinault stop racing now?"

Class!

Actually watching todays stage now, as I'm too tired to get up!

Recovering from this mornings ride

Mountain top finish?

Mike

Everybody knows not to cross white lines in the rain. Where Froome been?
Yes, Woz... too bad the last day of the Tour been turned into a boring crit.

Still gonna watch it? ;)

Ok, time for Joux Plane now where Pantani once disintegrated Armstrong as a payback for the Ventoux gift.
Only to disintegrate himself in the process and never to return to the Tour again.

Don't think though anyone will break Kelly's 124 km/h going down the other side today. Not even peddlin from the top tube...

Wasnt it the fignon/lemond time trial on the last day that decide the winner, 18 sec, closest margin iirc.

Re:

Since Sky, Tour de France is boring...
There's something wrong somewhere.

But happy to saw racer like Sagan or Pantano

Well I guess thats it for another year can't see much happening tomorrow.

At the end of the day if your serious competition is about winning it's not about the taking part, is it team Sky's job to make the race interesting no it's not. Is it the job of the rest of the teams/riders to go for the win yes it is. Is it Froome's fault he has no one to challenge him no of course not. I do not think its the Tour that has become boring as each stage holds its own excitement. The battles that have been fought out on individual stages have been fantastic and a pleasure to watch. However that is not to say that the GC competition was lack lustre and bland which I put down to a lack of decent talent.

Latest posts

Back