Stuck Seat Post - Slide Hammer Loan Request.

I don't think plus gas will work as the corrosion bond will be strong and impenetrable. I have also tried the hacksaw method and found it really difficult to maintain an even cut, even with a modified slimline blade. As your frame is alloy I would not advise this method as strong chance you will cut into the top of the seat lug / frame. I would opt for the pro seatpost removal option.
Do you mean paying the seatpost guy to do it?

I have no link with the seatpost guy but think his set-up is better than anything that can be done at home, definitely worth seeking his opinion.

Seriously this thread has become ridiculous by now. This seat post could have been out a week ago and by 5 other already mentioned methods. Every stuck seat post is a 60 minutes job MAX! If you would just pick a method and start already. Good god…

I do have a full time job, family and a wife you know. Plus the lack of slide hammer is a hindrance. The frame is still soaking in plus gas until I get the slide hammer as a good soaking is doing no harm. I'm on the verge of asking Admin to close this post. I didn't realise it would cause bad comments.

The problem with a slide hammer is how you secure it. You may have that sorted, I don’t know 🤷‍♂️. I just keep checking up to see if it’s worked. But if it’s soaked for more than a few days then I think it won’t work. But due to the many comments here (good and bad😅) I think one of them is bound to work. You always have me😆

The problem with a slide hammer is how you secure it. You may have that sorted, I don’t know 🤷‍♂️. I just keep checking up to see if it’s worked. But if it’s soaked for more than a few days then I think it won’t work. But due to the many comments here (good and bad😅) I think one of them is bound to work. You always have me😆

I have a friend at hand, he's helping me make a tool which secures to the end of the slide hammer, it will be a U shaped steel tool with a bolt through it. The bolt will be put through the seat post as the post already has a hole drilled through it, I'll then use the slide hammer to try and pull the post out. If this fails I'll resort to the hack saw method. If that fails...i'll be knocking on your door heheheh

Last edited:
Genuine and non combative question.

Why not pay £79 for it to be done professionally with little risk to damaging the frame , no effort , little time involved , and no tools being made it borrowed?

I’m all for doing things yourself but you’ve said you’ve little time , not got the correct tools and are obviously concerned of the outcome hence the thread.

Back