Some People are just plain nasty ---rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Had a similar problem with a pair of fox forks i purchased on Fleabay, looked mint and described as near new in the advert but on inspection were not, did as mkone says and got a full refund even the cost of return postage, it will be resolved in your favour through the correct channels, all the best

Re:

Geez fella grow up. Stop selling broken junk and stop lying, you are not fooling anyone. It’s pathetic to prostitute your integrity for a few quid. Look up “golden rule” on wikipedia. Participate in society instead of being a parasite on it.

mkone":1e3x9dsr said:
Hi fotorat1

Saw you are having problems on ebay.

The situation is very easily resolved. You need to go onto your purchase history, click on more actions on the item listing and select return item. Select reason from drop down menu and write some details, keep it simple and try not to sound angry, and submit. Simple!

Ebay will automaticlly contact the seller to issue refund and accept return. They will send you return postage label and the seller must refund upon reciept of item. If he doesnt for any reason ebay will refund you in full. The issue is between ebay and the seller, let them sort it out for you, and dont worry as it will get sorted regardless of what he says or does.

And, despite what many think or say, you can return any item for a refund regardless of wether the seller accepts returns or not, and if an item is damaged in the post, or seller says it wasnt like that when he sent it, same thing really, then it is still the sellers responsability to accept return and refund, not the buyers. The seller has to resolve the matter with the courier, not you!

Simple, just do as above and forget about it, it will get sorted. Dont get into an argument with the seller and dont worry about what he says he is prepared to do, and dont just return it to him!! do it through ebay.

Mark
^ This. Put the claim through ebay for an item not as described, use the postage label ebay gives you and sit back safe in the knowledge that ebay will ALWAYS force the seller to accept a return for a full refund (even where the item actually is exactly as described in the listing). Just follow the process that ebay provides and not what the seller may suggest you do. And the most valuable piece of mkone's advice - forget about it (really) and don't engage any further with any direct messages from the seller.

Fatal Swan":1a01wfc9 said:
mkone":1a01wfc9 said:
Hi fotorat1

The situation is very easily resolved. You need to go onto your purchase history, click on more actions on the item listing and select return item. Select reason from drop down menu and write some details, keep it simple and try not to sound angry, and submit. Simple!

Ebay will automaticlly contact the seller to issue refund and accept return. They will send you return postage label and the seller must refund upon reciept of item. If he doesnt for any reason ebay will refund you in full. The issue is between ebay and the seller, let them sort it out for you, and dont worry as it will get sorted regardless of what he says or does.

And, despite what many think or say, you can return any item for a refund regardless of wether the seller accepts returns or not, and if an item is damaged in the post, or seller says it wasnt like that when he sent it, same thing really, then it is still the sellers responsability to accept return and refund, not the buyers. The seller has to resolve the matter with the courier, not you!

Simple, just do as above and forget about it, it will get sorted. Dont get into an argument with the seller and dont worry about what he says he is prepared to do, and dont just return it to him!! do it through ebay.

Mark
^ This. Put the claim through ebay for an item not as described, use the postage label ebay gives you and sit back safe in the knowledge that ebay will ALWAYS force the seller to accept a return for a full refund (even where the item actually is exactly as described in the listing). Just follow the process that ebay provides and not what the seller may suggest you do. And the most valuable piece of mkone's advice - forget about it (really) and don't engage any further with any direct messages from the seller.

x2

Re:Nasty person

I recently had a bad experience with a seller and did not recieve a item -persued thro' Paypal and received a refund. Worth raising a complaint - good luck.

Re:

Not bike related but same kind of experience. Item was a mess despite pics, was even a different item to the description and pics. Complained to seller, who was actually very accomodating. I said I'd post the item back for a refund, and they duly refunded me and thanked me for returning it. Oddly I hadn't posted it and chased them for postage address and they haven't bothered to respond with postage details. Still have the item in case they ever do.

The replacement part I bought was also damaged and wasn't listed as such, but after 3 attempts to but a replacement wing mirror for my car, I've given up and will cobble one together from my old one and the damaged ones I've received.

Why can't people just be honest with their descriptions and pics??

I'm worried now - sold two items that went for £200 each, both listed specifically as 'spares or repairs' and the faults they have.

Are people asking for their money back because a spares/repair item is 'not as described'? It seems a bit of a grey-ish area

The Consumer Rights Act applies to both new and used items. It's worth bearing in mind that second-hand goods are likely to be judged less rigorously new goods. For example, it's not reasonable to expect that used goods will be of the same quality as new goods. In any event, sellers of second hand goods remain under an obligation to ensure that the goods are as described.

Re:

If you listed them honestly, you've done all you can to highlight the faults and brought to the buyers attention they are for spares/repair.

Don't sweat it. Not that you are I'm sure.

Fatal Swan":3do90nw3 said:
mkone":3do90nw3 said:
Hi fotorat1

Mark

When I had to request to return something (a SSD that the buyer originally thought was faulty) from a buyer I was asked to send a label to the buyer, rather than a label sent by ebay. A block was put on the paypal amount for a month as the buyer didn't cancel the claim, ignored emails, but did give positive feedback eventually!

legrandefromage":206b9t5q said:
I'm worried now - sold two items that went for £200 each, both listed specifically as 'spares or repairs' and the faults they have.

Are people asking for their money back because a spares/repair item is 'not as described'? It seems a bit of a grey-ish area
Regardless of the rules, in my experience of ebay, a buyer can just invent any claim that the item wasn't as described in some way and ebay will always force the seller to accept the return (and pay for the return postage), and refund in full. Ebay will never investigate, it's easier just to have automated system side with the buyer, regardless of the issue. It's why I always chuckle when I read listings that emphasise that the item condition is clearly described so the seller won't accept returns under any circumstances - I'm afraid you do, you just haven't realised it yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back