so i started a bike shop. update 31/07/24

I saw your dream build so massive Kudos for that. Stoked to read the shop is going strong under the crazy circumstances. The plans sound good to me!

hey guys, thought i'd give you another little update.

the shop has continued to be crazy busy, from january this year it was 12 hour days constantly, from may onwards it's been 6 and 7 day weeks 12 to 15 hour days, needless to say i am unfit and fat at the moment!! which kind of sucks but hey i'm busy!

the shop has been constantly changing, still selling Orange, Kona but i'm dropping Ridgeback, Dawes and Squish kids bikes, there's simply not enough in them for it to be worthwhile, combined with the internet as a competitor makes it pointless investing in them, so when the last few are gone then that's it for them. it does bother me though as i want to sell something value for money but it seems impossible these days for a multitude of reasons.

anyway i know everyone likes pictures so here you go!

spent some money in the workshop, bought this bench from SGS engineering, expensive but great, also have 2 matching cabinets so i can hide away the messy stuff! shop6.jpg

also constantly tidying and moving stuff around, currently behind the stand is the bottom bracket and small parts wall
shop7.jpg

you guys know i'm obsessed with having options for customers, it's no different for oils!!
shop2.jpg

and tonight i am almost finished, it's 22.52 right now, and i have just had my first beer out of this present from Tom at Demon Frameworks, i built a bike for him and this was a thank you present. from Demon Emporium, it holds one can of beer at 340ml (i think) well the Brewdog fitted in there perfectly!

i'd love to show you pics of the bike but even though i took quite a few my phone had a spaz and i had to do a reset and i don't think they got to the cloud so i lost them! major bummer! the bike was stainless/satin black with carbon wheels on tune hubs with a full sram red axs groupset so it looked lovely and tidy, you'll just have to imagine it!

demonemporioum.jpg

demonemporium2.jpg

Fantastic to see, mate. My local facebook is being flooded with 2020 bikes being sold as "ridden 4 times, selling due to change of hobby". Oh, really 🤣. So great to see you are still thriving.

This is great to see and hear mate.
Hopefully you will get a bit of respite soon but good to hear it's working out. Loving the stock levels! Especially the rubber chicken :) and if you ask nicely we will tell you where you left your Stanley knife :)
Long may your success continue

Jamie

• Haha
Reactions: Woz
Back