Show Us Your Xizang's

its_kirby":2vrbqrh1 said:
Aye your not wrong, when the build is finished (2050) lol, I'm going to do 1 full polish then forget about the marks- life is far too short :LOL:

i guess im too fussy, but left a few months and mine would probably look flat like this
p4pb61584651.jpg

Nice picture.

Sean - you do know that you are taking off a layer of metal every time you polish right, polishes like Autosol or Mothers react with the outer layer of oxidised metal and remove it as you polish - with titanium bikes it's actually the titanium oxide that provides the hardness that titanium is known for. I did mine once when I got it and have left well alone since - it still looks great unless you get down close to it. If you're going to ride it regularly you're going to have to accept it won't always have a mirror finish.

I had to put my 1992 xizang on hold for a while to work on some other projects, and just finished it up to a rideable state with what was at hand.

DSCF6221a.jpg

Well this is mine, a 16" '92 U-brake model, I think this small size is quite rare as older bikes all seem to be quite large, not as shiny as some, but I'm not much into polishing!!! I'm experimenting with V-brake levers for the U-brake.

dsc02369d.jpg

Here is mine which is sadly no longer with me.. :( Apologies for the awful picture quality...

Attachments

• Xizang a.jpg
    Xizang a.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,403
Back