Show Us Your Xizang's

This thread isn't really helping...

I really need to buy one! Was telling the other half, if it pans out that I get this new job i'm supposed to be getting, then I think I'll be tracking one down and jsut get rid of everything else...

Radoslaw":16iiy8qb said:
Void(EN12-82)":16iiy8qb said:
OK, I'll kick this off :)

My 1992 Xizang... bought off Wadsy here on the forum and ever so thankful for it!

IMG_0715.JPG

Pic from last year, it's got a Flite Ti saddle, Topline crankset and A-TAC/HyperLite combo now. Will make some new pics when I have my U-brake setup and I'm out riding again :oops:

Void

OMFG!!! Sorry about that... :oops: :oops: :oops: nope didn't forget about it, just had that name in my head. I wonder what I bought off him then, can't be the Merlin either (that was kokies). But anyway, thanx to Radoslaw for providing me with one of the best bikes in my collection :cool:

You bought from me dude, already forgot? :LOL: Nicely done example.

It happen when you buying too much my friend :) I have same problem here :LOL: BTW, your xizang is worth to watch again :cool:

Mine is not a minter, have peeled decals, old were tatty anyway, still undecided what look I prefer with or without decals.
dsc0730v.jpg

XiZang

Pity they never made them in in 14.5 in, It;s taken me 3 years to find a pre disc brake Zaskar in this size and as these weren't listed in the '96 catalogue either, I assume they were a special order? they all look stunning and ride really well!

pete_mcc":mkzhpn6n said:
But do you trust the Chinese when it comes to the correct pronunciation of a word meaning Tibet, surely its more right on to call it Bod as that is the Tibetan word for Tibet?

GT OURS

1991 Original owner.

Original build:
GT 2x4 fork
XT headset
McMahon Ti quill stem
MA2 rims with Ultegra Hubs, Onza Porc K's
XT Top Mount shifters
Ritchey Logic Levers
McMahon Ti seatpost
Ritchey WCS Handlebar
GT/Ame anatomic Grips
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle
XT Canti front U-II rear brakes
Ringle cages
M737 pedals
Topline Cranks
XT derailleurs

Attachments

• DSC08137.JPG
    DSC08137.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,464
Re: XiZang

Wold Ranger":7b8ti99n said:
Pity they never made them in in 14.5 in, It;s taken me 3 years to find a pre disc brake Zaskar in this size and as these weren't listed in the '96 catalogue either, I assume they were a special order? they all look stunning and ride really well!

They did make 14.5" and pre disc 14.5" Zaskar's are easy to find on this side of the pound. Have easily had over a dozen. If hard to find in Europe it's probably because the distributors got cold feet and didn't order many in.

Here's a couple of out of focus pics of my work in (slow) progress 1994 :)

Attachments

• aaxizang.jpg
    aaxizang.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,424
  • axizang.jpg
    axizang.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,423
its_kirby":2pqy34pb said:
Here's a couple of out of focus pics of my work in (slow) progress 1994 :)

i see you got the new graphics fitted :D looks good

ive gone through nearly 2 tubes of polish with mine, its a nightmare keeping it shiny especially with how easy it picks up the fingerprints

sean

Aye your not wrong, when the build is finished (2050) lol, I'm going to do 1 full polish then forget about the marks- life is far too short :LOL:

Back