Show us your OFF-ROAD TOAD

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hi all
this thread was a casualty of the hacking awhile back. we lost a great bunch of reference material.

some of which we might never get back. lots of the pictures i had posted were on an old computer
which has since died with all the pictures gone.

time we started one again. post what ya got. i can start with a couple.

toad green camo 8.jpg botm orange camo toad1 .jpg blue fb toad6.jpg lima1.jpg PT1.jpg Horny Toad #2 007.JPG

Last edited:
These bikes are so cool.

I am a big fan of the sloping top tube style. What is it about Canada that so many of the Canadian builders embraced this style (Toad, Brodie, Kona, etc.)? Is it related to the riding conditions, or that the builders were a close-knit group who all embraced the same idea?

These bikes are so cool.

I am a big fan of the sloping top tube style. What is it about Canada that so many of the Canadian builders embraced this style (Toad, Brodie, Kona, etc.)? Is it related to the riding conditions, or that the builders were a close-knit group who all embraced the same idea?
I will rather let 🇨🇦 members of this forum expand on the details of this one.

To my limitied knowdge and after reading Paul's book it rather seems to be the 2nd point you raise. They were a close group that were influencing each other with some ideas coming from California itself.

Slopping top tubes, steep seat tubes and longer head tubes were a game changer in how these machines rode.

Reactions: JCS
I am a big fan of the sloping top tube style. What is it about Canada that so many of the Canadian builders embraced this style (Toad, Brodie, Kona, etc.)?

Call is hearsay, but i heard it was because Canadian frame builders didn't like to use spirit levels and Canadian riders have big balls so any additional clearance was always welcome! ;)

Thanks for resurrecting @Retro_Roy , look forward to this thread growing! :cool:😍

Back