Show us your early-not-quite-retro Santa Cruz's

boxxer":206dgiyv said:
shogun":206dgiyv said:
Does anyone know of a source for the early style decals with the outline? I've got a ???? 1st gen Bullit to refinish.

I have a set of these bought from SC in 2001 in my sticker box - going to send to Gil to get duplicates made for my Bullitt as the decals are prob worth more than the frame!

I still remember ordering them and having to give my frame number before they would process the order!

PLEASE!

He'll definitely get at least my order as well as yours. Keep me in the loop! I've got a small 1st generation Bullitt I want to build to resemble Tyler McCaul's Dirt cover pic. You'd only need to send a scan, surely?

17075835_1657477067895557_7559576417340489728_n.jpg

Re:

The stickers are good quality and have a cover on the sticky side and a cover on the non sticky side so I'll need to send them as scanning wont be an option

For the Bullitt I have the down tube x2, head tube x1 and name plates x2, I have nothing for any other model but assume Gil can create fairly easily....

Will let you guys know when I speak to him

boxxer

Just finished building up this Chameleon. Can't remember if I worked it out as a Mk1 or a 2 but it's a fairly early one.
Running single speed and single brake as it's only for following our kid around the park. He's almost fast enough on his balance bike now that keeping up on foot is getting tricky! That and it will keep my Heckler I built last year company (addicts only need spurious reasons for bike building).

34884351893_7a36aecb38_b.jpg

34852491064_951aaceddf_b.jpg

So that's one Santa Cruz a year for 2016 and 2017. What's next years Santa Cruz? :LOL:

Very nice indeed!

I am just about to start on this - It is fresh from powdercoating. I just need to decide on the colour for the decals - I am torn between white, a sort of purple or even a green. Any thoughts please?

Cheers. ;-)

Where did you get your powder done?

Trying to imagine the colours you mentioned on it. White is too boring but I'm not sure I can see purple or green, but that might just be my lack of vision! I've got some green on the way for mine. Maybe stick another pic up once they are on?

Bullpup":3vjhrz9t said:
Hendersons in Edinburgh. Where did you get your decals from please?

Much?

Just went for cheapy decals from ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Santa-Cruz-T1 ... 2749.l2649
Will see what the quality is like and if they are cr@p get better ones if I get it powdered. It's been a super cheap build so I'm not inclined to bust the budget on some stickers! :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back