Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Aye but with most single pivot bikes the BB/chainset is part of the main frame. The BB being built into the swinging on the Mantra the BB position changes with every undulation in the track.

Re: Re:

RobMac":2te2dgo8 said:
Aye but with most single pivot bikes the BB/chainset is part of the main frame. The BB being built into the swinging on the Mantra the BB position changes with every undulation in the track.

Correctimundo Roberto. The SC Heckler, as you say, has the cranks on main frame of bike not swing-arm. Makes a big difference how it works compared to the Mental Mantra.

Suppose, it's really a URT. Still funky though.
Always had a thing for Slingshots as well, even though I bet they are awful to ride.

The History Man":375jz478 said:
dyna-ti":375jz478 said:
Someone say something nice :(

No great loss. It was ugly anyway.
I never liked the Mantra either :LOL: from seeing the first ones brought into the shop i also though it rather poor, especially coming from klein.
But rarer bikes dont come along too oft in Glasgow, especially not that cheap. Just unfortunate that theres more to do than makes it viable.

Wall till whenever :)

Shame about the Klein Dyna, looked like a good winter project.

Great photos Clubby, looks cold but far better weather than the gale force winds and pishing rain we have had. Nice to see the fat bike out, shame about the Jones leaving the stable. I take it that after several going that there is something nice on the way?
Even took Caleb in to Thurso last night for the big bonfire and fireworks despite the sleet and ice :(
I spent about half an hour fixing my Pugsleys bottom bracket, well I say fixed, I actually took out the only spacer left on the Truvativ cups and threw it as far into the field behind as I could. Now I can do both crank arms up to the right torque and still turn the bottom bracket :) Which is more than it was doing lately. Rode nicely after that :)

Jamie

Can't win em all Jamie, and it did produce some rather nice bits like ceramic rims,xt etc so not a total loss.

Seeing as youre now the BB expert :D How do you know what you can keep on it spacer wise and what can you do without.
Im still fitting the rotor and although ive done away with one O ring so it sits on the protruding axle better, or further in actually, im still not sure if that type of wanton removal of specced bits isnt going to lead to a problem later or cause rapid destruction of the bb :?

Well for me Dyna, the bottom bracket didn't work with the spacer, or more so the cranks barely turned so it was no good to me like that.

Jamie

Re:

Last week Mrs Muz thought it a good idea to 'inquire' about new carpet for the living room. :roll:

So it was delivered on Wednesday! :facepalm:

Been fitting it today, quite happy to do so alone, in between me helping her with the furniture.

Saw an opportunity. Wanting to recycle the old, I tidied up and swept out the garage.
Laid some bike box underlay,

IMG_0708 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Them the carpet,

IMG_0709 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

How posh is that?

Ready for tinkering now!

IMG_0711 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

The car normally lives in here, so I will probably trim the sides where the tyre tracks go! :LOL: :LOL:

Also made some progress on the Giant MCM, thread update to follow.

Mike

Re:

Klein Mantra is my fave bike ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazed none of you remembered me saying that :roll:

Dyna, I might be interested in the frame if you want shot if only as wall art provided its not too pricey. It can join my early full sus frame collection ;)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":17ds9oq9 said:
Klein Mantra is my fave bike ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazed none of you remembered me saying that :roll:

Dyna, I might be interested in the frame if you want shot if only as wall art provided its not too pricey. It can join my early full sus frame collection ;)

You should have been out with us yesterday, big fella!

IMG_0683 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Back