Show us what you did today, thread

Late night weather based change of plans, with my mate calling the Ballater ride. Heavy rain/snow and blustery winds not ideal for forging new routes at munro level.

Had a long lie and headed out on fat bike instead. Blustery but bright described the weather best, and I ended up a bit over-dressed, having to ride gloveless for the second half of the ride.
Perfectly timed the ride with low tide and managed all the way down to Broughty Ferry castle, across the two stream crossing that aren't always do-able.

Storming the castle by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

This photo explains why the tide was so low though, someone pulled the plug right out.

And the truth of this is its gubbed. Ill be lucky to get my funds back :(
Frame doesnt appear to be damaged but nothing on it has been serviced or even oiled. In short the previous owner has fked it through neglect.
Seatpost is seized in , and judging from the way every bit is rusted, thats going to be full depth.
Had i seen this id have avoided it like the plague

I reckon im a bit stuffed having stripped it but what can you do :?

Every bit of it, every single bit requires lots of work. I f**ing hate it that some folk do no maintenance. But this is a joke :shock:

RobMac":rz4g27dc said:
I don't look at it as a suspension frame its a frame thats hinged in the middle.

The same as any single pivot design. Bet you would wouldn't be seen dead on one of them.
Like a Heckler or Bullit :)

Worst Klein design? Have you seen the Palamino?
At least the Mantra was bat shit mental looking. Seen some really nicely done carbon ones, and they look fantastic. Wouldn't want to ride one, but can look great.

Back