Show us what you did today, thread

Thanks mate :)
I generally dry or clean them as soon as I get home and will put them away ready to go back out when needed. More so the Merckx I suppose.
With the Merckx and the Trucker I find if I keep them clean then on the road they never get too filthy and if they are wet they just need a wipe down when I get in. The Pugs and 1X1 usually get the fire hose treatment at work on my Monday lunch.
They all took me a fair bit to own and build so I try to look after them.

Jamie

A must to keep the bike sparkling :cool: and not just for the mechanical breakdown or wear. More because its the proper way to do it :?
Very easy to sit watching TV with a rear wheel on your lap cleaning in between the cogs.

Finally got me new toy :D RP planer thicknesser.
Its an induction motor but its still louder than I was expecting at 100db idling. Ive some rock maple to put through and that's going to really push it up.
But simply cannot do without.
The smaller more very occasionally hobby ones are brush motor which is considerably louder. Like most things you get what you pay for :?

Attachments

• RP PT260.jpg
    RP PT260.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 158
A while back I had a brainwave about what to do with redundant 29ers after getting a fatbike.

So obvious I wonder why I didn't think of it earlier - turn a 29er into a road bike with Big Apple 2.35" slicks and dropbars. Genius, if I say so myself. :)

The bike feels great like that, but I'm having a bit of difficulty with the concept of road riding.

It's just as rough as mountainbiking but with less control, I don't see the attraction at all...

I have the kit to turn an on-one fatty into a roadbike and that is one weird looking thing but On-One do it themselves and strangely its not just me thats buying it :shock: :roll:

epicyclo":2bzhpt6p said:
turn a 29er into a road bike with Big Apple 2.35" slicks and dropbars. Genius, if I say so myself. :)

just might be, looks great

epicyclo":2bzhpt6p said:
The bike feels great like that, but I'm having a bit of difficulty with the concept of road riding.

no wonder, serious trail envy here looking at those pictures

Nice forks :cool:

@Rob

Axminster WV100 fine dust extractor. Its a paper filter on top of a cloth filter so only kicks back out @ 0.5 micron. Very powerful.
This one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axminster-Fin ... 2c9d191dd3 (cost about 150 new)
Bought it about 2003 and its still as strong as new.
Typically I sold the newish chippings extractor I got in the big lathe deal :facepalm: Ach well, it was too big anyhow, but that was the tool for the job no mistake

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back