Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

epicyclo":1wkssstr said:
jimo746":1wkssstr said:
...My plan is to link the Dava Way up with the Speyside way, and the Moray Coastal trail, to allow me to do 100+ miles in a day, the vast majority of which is off-road...
Looks like the Moray Way does that. Total 95 miles.

http://www.morayways.org.uk/routedetail ... outeid=202

huh, the Moray Way... now why didn't I think of that? :LOL:
not seen that before, I thought they were 3 seperate entities... makes sense now though.

Hi guys
Speyside way sounds like a great plan Brian. I am up for mid July onwards ;)
Here are a few pics from Saturday evenings ride on the Pugsley. It was a few hours round the coast trying to link up a few local sections and then up around the cliffs on the north eastern side of Dunnett Head.
Had sorted a couple of things on the Pugsley redone the bearings in the rear hub (SS).
It was pretty rubbish weather being overcast and very cool breeze. Thankfully it got better as the evening went on and while still windy the cloud cover blew away to expose a warming sun. Was out until about 8.30pm.
The ride was a mixture of coastal singletrack, rocky shale type track, though no beach riding, and then a short bit of road and then singletrack sheep type trails over the open heather ground up on Dunnett Head.
A nice casual ride on my own, so no rushing :)
Just thought I'd share and hope evryone else had a good one as well.
Jimo your ride in the Enduro sounded like good fun, hard, but fun.

Jamie

Looking approx east, in the distance to right is JOGs and to the left is Hoy

Looking North

Next stop, Hoy

Looking west across the north coast

Again looking west

Pugsley :)

Looking north east towards the island of Stroma

Singlespeed, Large Marge, Nate and disc - Pugsley, Life doesn't get much better ;)
Not this evening anyway :)

Although not quite finished yet, I finally got the Zaskar running yesterday in its latest guise, and was looking forward all day today to taking it out for a run. Set off just after 5pm for a local FC trail just behind my house, with strict instructions to be back for 6.30. No bother - I know the loop well, and it takes just over an hour. The first section is a straight climb to 300m, bike felt great, sun beating down, I was a happy man. Then, about half way down the first descent, I end up with a puncture, an hour and a half's walk home with the midges (pushing up the hill I just came down), and dinner in the dog.

The long push home:
18441097464_617ba8883d_c.jpg

Back