Show us what you did today, thread

That's the point Velo, they aren't generally regarded as suicide shifters but can see how you could think they are if you are used to STI's.
Its been a while since they were standard for road bikes, STI has been around a while ;)

Jamie

I wasn't allowed a road bike when I was young, so they're a dark art to me. Whoever though it was a good idea to remove a hand from the bars and then to stick it close to a quickly spinning wheel to change gear must have had a death wish!

Puzzled. Where else would you put derailleur shifters but on the downtube?

That's the not so good one of the 2 places they should be.

The best place is in the bin with all the attached bits.

Not biased or anything... :)

Cant say i know anything about road bikes but i dislike the idea of dual action when brakes are involved. Seems a recipe for disaster.
I think thats the reason the shimano mtb versions didnt sell too well :?

Today i found my digital protracter isnt as accurate at being first zero's so is giving a false reading. Im going to have to find an engineer to machine me a super accurate jig to to use as a machining guide.
Anyone know a decent engineer, preferably with cnc capabilities ?

Doing a table. Probably coffee table due to its proposed size ,about 840-870mm diameter :?

There will be an upper(shown) and lower section, the lower is curved to produce the shape of the capsule . Legs will be based on -Think 1920 camera tripod, three parts to each leg.
Ill do a pic ones ive a few models made.
I thought Forbidden Planet would be a good place to find examples of the tripod legs depicted in early sifi comics. Not so :( a friggin nightmare actually, theyre going to end up looking like camera legs if im not careful
Tables based on that 1950's American style

Pic - Some thin mdf and a bit of stain to show how the two timbers will look next to one another.

Attachments

• Flying Saucer Coffee Table 001 (Custom).JPG
    Flying Saucer Coffee Table 001 (Custom).JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 325
Finished another retro build today. :D

The wee Pashley is done.

IMG_0795_zpstmpa2lnl.jpg

So that is all the 'on the go' projects finished. Might have to get something out the loft now. :LOL:

Re:

Speaking of getting dirty.... rode the Dava way from Forres to Grantown-On-Spey, quick visit to Basecamp Bikes, and then back again.
The route follows the old railway line from Grantown to Forres, so is fairly wide and has steady inclines. Halfway along there's an old Signalmans hut which has been restored and was quite handy for sheltering from the rain today whilst I stuffed my face with cookies (my preferred food when cycling ;) ).
My plan is to link the Dava Way up with the Speyside way, and the Moray Coastal trail, to allow me to do 100+ miles in a day, the vast majority of which is off-road. I need to do it whilst we still have the light evenings as it'll be an all-day affair I think :shock:

Anyway, pics, the Halfway Hut on the Dava Way...

The bike got dirty...

But I think I got dirtier :mrgreen:

Back