Show us what you did today, thread

Hi Barry
Its just the two of us going to Orkney. Heathers getting back into riding her bike but not that far.......yet.

Jamie

Off on holiday, nice sunny afternoon and all my chores done. Colnago time!!!

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

First ride on it this year, so dodgy brakes and suicide shifters took a while to get used to.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Being used to Hope hubs the most amazing thing about the bike is how smooth and quiet the vintage Campag hubs are, you just glide along. Must be getting used to the hero gearing on it as the climbs didn't feel too bad and I actually set some decent times. Couldn't ride all day in the position though, my bad shoulder is feeling pretty stiff now, but just the thing for a sunny afternoon.

Re:

That looks really smart Clubby :cool: :cool:
A classy looking machine for sure :cool:
We need another road run, somewhere midway this time ;)
Thats a real mtb'er way of describing downtube shifters, from my background they were just 'shifters' :LOL: :LOL:

***They are only suicidal if you look at them when shifting ;)

Jamie

Re:

I though suicide levers were those levers that ran off the main drop brakes so you could brake from the bar tops. They were called suicide because they had less effect than the proper levers they were attached to. I once sailed therough a junction pulling those for all my might when I couldn't reach the main levers quickly enough. Whereas down tube shifters are just shifters and way lighter if your a weight weenie than all that sti bar mounted nonsense.

Cool Colnago by the way :cool:

Back