Show us what you did today, thread

My grandfather, an experienced climber, was the owner of those houses near the cliff you can see in some of your pics back in the 70s. Believe me, we traversed every usable route know to man there and thereabouts!

Unwrapped this!

DSC_1998.NEF.jpg

Ex-team Large Swift and new fork from Sam at Singular! A few marks as you'd expect, and a dent that you can see on the top tube. Time to strip the Mary methinks...

I thought you were waiting on a new frame no a used one ????
Nice though, a pal had a go on one of those at a demo day, he was most impressed.

It was a good deal and the right size, especially since the Mary needs a repair to the seat tube and I'm not riding it anymore after the Moho seat tube debacle. I can always sell it on later when the Rooster arrives, don't think I'd lose much - 2nd hand, I reckon these frames hold their value pretty well, they've already done most of their depreciation. Blah, blah, blah... look, it was a new frame and I wanted it, right!

Of course it's a 29er!

Whats wrong with the Mary anyhoo, is it a simple or expensive repair ?

Recently I actually got the 29er thing, blatting through some very rooty singletrack near my home I finally got the idea. Might be in the market for another more purpose designed :facepalm:

Back