Show us what you did today, thread

Tazio":2zorxg1p said:
Clockwork looks sweet.

I put a build thread up. I'm still a bit cheesed off at the post 98 category as it is had become the land of moderns to a large degree but rules is rules. I don't imagine it will attract much interest in that part of the forum as it has no bounce and isn't disc.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=208731

Cheers ;) , i love the Clockwork, rides great and fits like a glove, super reliable too, there always seems to be niggly little problems with my other bikes but the Clockwork has consistanly done the job without any fuss :cool:

Know what you mean about the 98 section, pretty sure your Sunn will get interest though, bike looks great, pics look good, your plans for it sound great, i'll keep an eye on the thread, if it starts to flounder i'll bump it for you ;)

Clockwork looks great Jimi. How did the repair of the rage induced dent go? :oops: Is it hidden or will it remain on view forever to remind you?

Don't see any problem with the post 98 section myself. That's where the moderns should be is it not? Sure a lot of them completely pass me by (anything made with hydro-formed aluminium for a start), but some of it is really tasty stuff.

Do you think it's time for a '98-'08 section and a new one for really modern gear? :?

Contentious issue the The Big High Heidyin will not go for, he's drawn the lines in the sand and post 98 is everything that is not properly retro...........at least not yet.

Saying that though although I have much that is retro my mtb roots are definitely in the post 98 section :)

I wouldn't argue against board rules but is a bit of a disappointment knowing that you have something that is way more suited to the pre 98 and the post 98 crew won't be that interested, but the pre 98s would.

But hey, it's not a contest or anything at the end of the day.

Taz, I think your Sunn is fantastic and I am interested, always liked that weird plastic they stuck on the tubes, very distinctive.
Your bikes from the days of V brakes, none of that canti nonsense ;)

firedfromthecircus":j3pqjty8 said:
Clockwork looks great Jimi. How did the repair of the rage induced dent go? :oops: Is it hidden or will it remain on view forever to remind you?

Did'nt result in a dent fortunately, just chipped the freshly painted top tube down to the metal :roll:, meant i had to sand the whole lot off instead of just keying the existing paint, also i'm thinking the inability to feather the sanded bits out is down to Halfords crappy Wet & Dry paper so i blame them :LOL:

Got that fox fork in but its obvious it needs a service
I dont really know for sure what it is.I think its a vanilla 130 RLC or a 100 RLC and it might be talas but im not sure about that either.
Not an air fork so not the float model :?

When you pull it to its extent it comes in at 130mm and theres lots of adjusters 5 in total,no real idea what they do.
Also when you pull it to its extent something is rattling about in the left leg Not a good sign.But i reckon totally fixable :?
Stanchions are perfect so thats at least something :)

Anyone know about such modernity ?

TFTuned service is £90 which is more than it cost,anyone know anyone cheaper.About the free mark ?

Dyna-ti

Talas was air only, so it's not that. Rattling in left leg could be the spring moving around. Adjuster on top of left leg is spring pre-load. Right leg adjusters depend on colour. Red one probably at the bottom if it's an older fork is the rebound adjuster. Blue ones at top vary. If there is one with a lever, that's the lock out. Lower blue (big round one) is low speed compression dampening ( in basic term anti-bob and to resist braking dive).

£90 may sound a lot for a service but that includes new seals and all the fluids. The DIY kits cost £40 so in reality you're paying £50 for someone's expertise and labour to do it. I think that's quite reasonable but only you can determine the value to you. Once vanillas are running they are pretty maintenance free so get them running right and all you have to do is an occasional fluid change which is an easy job. Budget £25 for a new spring if you're not average weight.

Hope that helps, Steven.

More work done on the FAT, just to cable up the gears and maybe a fettle here and there, rear brake isn't returning very well. Maybe needs some yellow toe straps?

7467395256_4f41c08d6d_b.jpg

Did manage to get a wee pootle as you see it, fit is good but too early to give any insightful insights.

Back