Show us what you did today, thread

Is no more nails really strong enough to support a bike :shock:
If yes that could be a good idea for me as my walls have that old style horse hair plaster that crumbles if you attack it with a drill :roll:

mikee":a5rz6stz said:
they do make a nice s/s g
nice buy

I did think of your GT SS when I saw it :LOL:

after a weekend of procrastination, I'm just going to get it built up with what's lying about, removing the LX for another potential project.

can you recall what size of seat post is in yours? mine has a 26.8mm post that's far to free. the vernier callipers appear to indicate 27mm

velomaniac":1n80t3vb said:
If yes that could be a good idea for me as my walls have that old style horse hair plaster that crumbles if you attack it with a drill :roll:

Consider finding or getting a loan of a stud finder Velo.With 2 studs you could then have a board fixed across them and hang your bike from that.High speed drill and a steady hand might help :?

'Fraid i cant help you with the steady hand :LOL:

velomaniac":3fdkf4gc said:

Na, i was just kidding :LOL: , used four 60x10mm Rawl plugs with heavy self tappers.

Rack seems not bad for £15, can fold against the wall when not in use.

Pretty sure my house has horse hair plaster, was built in
the early 50's, the plaster does flake a bit when drilling but never had a problem getting a fixing into the brick behind it.

I've always thought one of those clothes drying pulleys that your gran used to have would have been ideal for hanging bikes..

633313-400x400.jpg

Back