Show us what you did today, thread

Nah, surely 1lb+ for cassette and chain?

off to find similar listings

That scale is accurate to half a microgram!

Anyhoo, nosiness prised me from my internet torpor and I wheeked off the cassette and chain I had in mind.

Cassette is 347g which is a CSM580

Chain is 271g which is some KMC something or other.

Need to keep an eye out for an XT number, should save 100g or so.

gmac123":3fabch9a said:
Ooops, slipped, landed in gumtree, came away with Avalanche Alu £60 happy days
Ya sponny git! :D Great deal.

Finished painting the Rockhopper bars, reasonably happy with finish, although wrapping them in tin-foil to bake on the radiator wasn't such a good idea :oops: live and learn.

barspaint.jpg

Ford Radiant Red seems like a not bad match to the original.

Nice Gumtree catch :) , any plans for it or just service it and ride it ?

Nice job on the bars ZZ, i've found baking paint un-necessary though, if i've wanted paint to dry quick i've blasted it with a hair drier or heat gun.

Bought this wall mount bike rack from CRC last week, slung it up today, No More Nails of course, none of that drilling the wall, rawl plug, self tapper nonsense :LOL:

SAM_0422.jpg

It can hold two bikes but tried the Clockwork on it with the road bike and it looked like an eyesore :roll:, probably be ok like that in a garage or hut, recon the roadie hanging there on it's own makes a nice feature though :)

Was thinking about hanging a bike from a large hook on the ceiling above the stairs (it's very high), only problem with this is A, the bike would be a swine to get down (not so bad for a non regular rider though) and B, it'll make my gaff look more like a bike shop than it already is :)

SAM_0423.jpg

jimihendrix":1qagdsat said:
Nice Gumtree catch :) , any plans for it or just service it and ride it ?

stripped it and degreased the frame yesterday. the LX groupset will go in a box for anotherbike/plan.

going to restore the frame and build it into my first single speed.

got wheels, saddles, bars, stems, brakes

need BB, chain, brake levers(?), chainset and a few other bits and bobs

must be good being able to hang your bikes in the house. :LOL: :LOL:

what about a pully above the stairs?

@zigzag - good work on the bars... :D

Bloody nice buy that GM :cool: £60 is pretty amazing especially complete.

What was the condition of the groupset.?

Attempted to return the ladders i found but when i asked the workies they denied all knowledge of it :? I think they've been reported stolen and them suddenly appearing with my explanation might cause someone to get into trouble :?

Ach well.I did try :D

Back