She´s gone...

It's only a flesh wound...
A bit of gaffa tape will sort that out :LOL:

Commiserations, BTW. That's a very sad sight :cry:
Hope you're un-scathed?

andrewl":13voy587 said:
As you say it looks terminal...

Are you going to hang it on the wall or will you bury it and plant a lemon tree on top?*

* - along the lines of an old dog if thats too cryptic

I´m going to make a glass center table with it.

orange71":13voy587 said:
no chance of a warrantee replacement?

As far as I know, Kona never offered a lifetime warranty. The frame is 13 y.o. and was never raced and I´m in doubt if they can replace it.

Geoff":13voy587 said:
Holy hellballs! You must have had some fun when that happened! :shock:

(pats his steel frames).

Yeah, could you try warranty? Can't remember if the alloy frames of that period came with lifetime warranty. The steel ones definitely did. Of course they'd give you a crappy modern Kula but you could always flog that to fund another one...

I was just riding along. For sure, I take the bike for a ride to my college (more or less 7 kilometers from home) and it snapped at a stoplight near home, with a big CLOC sound...

Iwasgoodonce":13voy587 said:
Under what circumstances did it let go? Hope you did not suffer similar damage? I don't want to tempt fate but so far my broken parts list stretches to one chain which had about 10,000 miles on it. It hurt though, my voice took about a month to drop down (as did the affected parts) from soprano! Oh, and a seat post. That hurt too. Even when trying not to laugh uncontrolably, the Red Cross people looked concerned!

Lucky enough to broke at a stoplight, like my old Sugino crank.

tomosa":13voy587 said:
Terrible !! Could get it welded though...
Can I buy your cable hanger thingy? :)

Not for sale, hehehe, it´s going to the steel Rocky Mountain, because it doesn´t have a cantilever housing stop.

m@ttster":13voy587 said:
I bet that chafed somewhat.. Which model was it anyhow? Never sin a green one :mrgreen:

1995 Kula

800px-Bike_057.jpg

Kona offered a 20 year warranty on their early frames, (up to 2000 i believe), therefore you should still be able to get a replacement frame. Obviously it will be the model that closest matches your now dearly departed :cry:

You do need however the original reciept, (or copy of). If you know where i was purchased from they could help you out. :D

Only took Paligap 4 days to sort me out a new frame after my '95 Kula suffered the exact same fate, (that was a common fault on them) :(

mcobie":hzxt4tgq said:
Kona offered a 20 year warranty on their early frames, (up to 2000 i believe), therefore you should still be able to get a replacement frame. Obviously it will be the model that closest matches your now dearly departed :cry:

You do need however the original reciept, (or copy of). If you know where i was purchased from they could help you out. :D

Only took Paligap 4 days to sort me out a new frame after my '95 Kula suffered the exact same fate, (that was a common fault on them) :(

This bike was purchased new in 1995 at the local Kona dealer and I have the original owner´s manual, but dunno where´s the receipt. The dealer stills exists and can confirm that it was bought there and it was never raced.

Can you help me with more information?

Best starting point is to contact the dealer that you bought it from and explain that the frame has broken and to get the warranty need a copy of the receipt. They should be able to either produce one from their records, or if they don't go that far back knock you one up.

They should also help with leasing with Paligap to get the warranty approved etc. Strip the frame down and take it into them - they will need to send it off to Paligap with the paperwork.

As i say, my new 2008 Kula was back with me in four days :shock:

If you need any more help pm me.

Good luck with it.

Chris.

Back