S&G Cycles Muddy Fox by Araya

monkian

Dirt Disciple
Ok so this is somewhat of a shameless self-promotion but I hope it's of enough interest on here to forgive me ;)
Not many people know this but alongside the early Araya built Muddy Fox, S&G Cycles also commissioned Araya to provide a 20" BMX.

I'd been trying to find information on this for while as I picked up an unbranded BMX frame with only the Araya foil seat-tube decal to go on.
To start with, I managed to find a good bit on S&G Cycles / Muddy Fox here: http://bit.ly/1efQy3E
I was then able to find some nice examples online of the Araya Muddy Fox (including some RB members rides) :cool:

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

I noticed this one sold recently on ebay for a real bargain :shock:

$_12.JPG

Unfortunately the trail went a bit cold so I posted some pics of my frame up on the US BMX Museum site. At that time it was the only one in there but even the later addition didn't provide any more info. However, one day, out of the blue on facebook I got PM from a guy who was pointed in my direction by a mate from radbmx. He mentioned he had a the same S&G BMX as I did so of course I asked him for some pics and this is what he sent over:

araya-sc01_zps3d28dfef.jpg

araya-sc03_zps06cd7cf1.jpg

It was a nice moment as this provided an important piece of the puzzle. It was the first time I'd seen any evidence of the model name;
S&G Cycles, Muddy Wolf (check out the fork decals) :D

Ok, so this is my frame: http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/araya/48218
Which incidentally will be up for sale (well I did warn you) :roll: ;)

It would be great if someone could take it on and display alongside it's bigger MTB brother.
A nice tribute to the historical cross-over that exists between BMX / MTB :cool:
Hope I didn't bore you too much. Paul :D

That is very cool and as a S&G muddy fox owner I would love to add this to my collection. We will have see what pay-day brings.......................

MADB":38aljyx4 said:
That is very cool and as a S&G muddy fox owner I would love to add this to my collection. We will have see what pay-day brings.......................

Be great to have this go to a good home...
Seeing it alongside its bigger brother would be awesome :cool: :D

The S&G Muddy Wolf BMX frame is still available if anyone wants it jlmk.
Post in thread or PM if preferred.

Back