Rugby World Cup

I picked all the 1/4 finals except the All Blacks - Argentina. I have a real soft spot for the Agentinians.
Sorry to say but I'm not to sure our boys can over haul the Aussies this weekend, and I would love to see Wales get up and win!

Some words (courtesy of The Times) to help the "Temporary Taffs" sing along tomorrow:

My hen laid a haddock on top of a tree.
Glad farts and centurions throw dogs in the sea.
I could stew a hare here, and brandish Dan's flan.
Don's ruddy bog's blocked up with sand.
Dad! Dad! Why don't you oil Aunty Glad?
When whores appear on beer bottle pies.
Oh, butter the hens as they fly.

At least you'll look more convincing than John Redwood did when he was Welsh Secretary in the last Conservative government.

Its gonna be nuts tomorrow :LOL: :LOL:
Its a weird thing Wales and rugby.
I as an Englishman I got to taken to watch them play South Africa.
Millenium Stadium 2007 i think it was? I stand up for the welsh national athem, as you do, and even as an Englishman its moving!!!

Good luck to em tomorrow, hope they go all the way ;)

I'm suicidal. Warburton made a stupid mistake, adrenalin and all pumped up. The rules have changed and any tackle like that should be a red card. Ref's however can interpret the law differently and on an individual basis. I just feel that at 18 minutes in it should have been a Yellow. Destroyed the game. Allain is going to be crucified by the public for that decision, but I don't think the IRB will overturn as he has upheld their directions to the letter of the law.

Wales still should have won it. Hook was terrible and Steven Jones just didn't have the guts and decision making to try for a drop goal. Halfpenny should have kicked from the start. If Wales had kicked their goals they would have won and the game would have gone down as a legendary Welsh performance. Just another loss now

As it is France are through, a team that had lost 2 of it's pool matches is actually in the final :shock:

I think the third place play-off will now be the better game

in the post match analysis they showed at least 3 similar tackles in other matches - not one of which resulted in a red.

if only Jones had converted

as you can imagine I am delighted with the result .

yes , ref made a mistake but Wales had already missed 2 penalties .

Not only did Warburton "spear tackle" Clerc, but his hand made clear contact with Clerc's face on the way down. I think that is what changed the decision from yellow to red.

cchris2lou":2gpayi46 said:
as you can imagine I am delighted with the result .

yes , ref made a mistake but Wales had already missed 2 penalties .

Mmm...I can't imagine the French would consider they won that match.

Back