Rugby World Cup

grahame":allicjvx said:
Not only did Warburton "spear tackle" Clerc, but his hand made clear contact with Clerc's face on the way down. I think that is what changed the decision from yellow to red.

Totally agree, if the person being tackled is off his feet, then the tackler must put the person being tackled on the ground, not dropped or 'speared', otherwise it's classed as dangerous play. Warburton dropped him.

It makes a change to get a ref actually enforcing the more controversial rules like put ins that aren't straight at the scrum for example.

What lost Wales the game was crap kicking, especially the conversion.

Anyway I'm off to the bookies to put some money down on England for 2015 - should get some decent odds, like South Africa were 20-1 straight after the 2003 RWC

ps. I predict a very exciting 6 nations in 2012 too!!!

Think i'd go for Wales over England in 4 years time ;)

As for the decision by the ref(who is half french i believe?) it was a big call and he made a very quick decision.
I saw no malice in it, Warburton has never been an overly aggressive player. I honestly think he couldn't believe how easily he came off the floor and just let go of him.
Spoiled what would have been a convincing welsh victory as France could have played all week and not scored a try :?

Re: .

Grannygrinder":2lrogawu said:
Think i'd go for Wales over England in 4 years time ;)

As for the decision by the ref(who is half french i believe?) it was a big call and he made a very quick decision.
I saw no malice in it, Warburton has never been an overly aggressive player. I honestly think he couldn't believe how easily he came off the floor and just let go of him.
Spoiled what would have been a convincing welsh victory as France could have played all week and not scored a try :?

None of that is relevant. He picked the other player up off his feet and then dropped him. That is a spear tackle and must be sanctioned by at least a yellow card. He then made contact with the other player's face with his hand. That must be sanctioned with a red card. End of story.

As a side issue, I see it as kind-of karma for the willlfull cheating by the welsh players to take an unlawful quick throw in that lead to a try that shouldn't have been and deprived Ireland of a second grandslam in the last six nations.

Agree about the card, you dispatch a player like that and you're playing with fire. Even if the decision's contentious it's certainly not unjust, like some commentators were implying. A valiant effort though, but I'm not sure what Jones was doing, he seemed to bottle it and just didn't want the ball?
Damn shame. The french offered nothing but resilience and the Welsh were far the better team. More a case of Wales loosing than the French winning really. :(

I much prefer france playing the all blacks than the aussies in the final .

fingers crossed :D

Whats the rules as regards threatening and abusive language and gestures by players towards one and other. If its not allowed then the ref could sin bin the entire NZ team for the Hakka which lets face it is the only way France will beat them :LOL:

Back