Retrobike Touring.

Re: Retro MTB Touring.

The thing is I'd probably take the same for four or fourteen days. Most of the bulk is the same regardless. I don't travel light or without a bit of room. Included are Tabasco, coffee bags and super noodles for emergencies. Not forgetting mint cake and nine bars. And a huge down bag that takes up a whole rear pannier. And a down jacket. I could go on.

Re:

Oh and I had my mot today at the surgery. 131 over 60. 50bpm. So good to go.
Need to lose a bit of weight though.
Sites booked. Wish me luck. Weather could be interesting.

Yep. Frame arrived Thursday. Sluvly.

On Saturday:
IMG_7097_zpsrqlq7vhk.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=326338

Crikey, tha's gorgeous. Love the seat stay arrangement. Bet you're looking forward to touring on it :)

One thing I've not seen any mention of on this thread: bike security. I am assuming people are taking locks and such with them? ( Had too many bikes nicked not to be a little paranoid about it even in the middle of nowhere )

My biggest worry. Got a 110db alarm for it. Will trigger if you move the bike. Plus locks. Trouble is good locks are heavy.

Yep a D lock and a cable that goes through it. Sold secure kryptonite thingy. Should be enough as I only plan to nip into shops or pubs to order.

Re:

Just started a bit of light overnight touring with a mate last year, first was from York to Whitby - camping, tent on one and majority of heavy stuff on the other (2 sets cycling gear each, night on the town gear :) , locks, puncture kit and a couple of sausage rolls).

All on some retro rides :) .....

moors_zpszhyo6w6b.jpg

It is easier to book a B&B and have a nice beers - shower & bed at the end of a ride sometimes tho, nipped over to Grassington earlier this year and I can honestly say after that ride I'm glad we didnt camp, would have been too much weight for the trip, and I didnt fancy setting up a tent!

grassington_zpsuiixo7aa.jpg

RBG

It's good to see my old thread come back to live ladies and gents. Keep it up. I'm out of action for a while so let's see some of you lot going out there and camping !

And thanks for Fluffychicken for tipping me off about the thread being updated.

Latest posts

Back