RBotM - November - BRITISH MONTH - Nominations

Bagpuss had his Mercian but swapped it out for the Carlton.
Somebody address this issue please :) We can't have no Mercians, or Bob Jackson for that matter ;)

Sadly my Mercian is sitting disassembled awaiting paint.

Jamie

Feels like I am entering a rusty VW Beetle in a classic Porsche competition ;)

My 1947/8 Phillips Sports model P13 - very slack angles, oily rag resto, original and exactly the same model as in the 1939 catalogue.
23" true temper steel frame, Phillips P14 saddle, 597 wheels, SA AW, alu head badge (post war).

It looks crap, but I fell in love with the ride and patina. One of my regular riders :)

Attachments

• 1947 Phillips Sports 1.JPG
    1947 Phillips Sports 1.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 443
  • 1947 Phillips Sports 2.JPG
    1947 Phillips Sports 2.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 443
Cheers stevevw, or should I say steveVW?
I would love to have a proper 40s or 50s classic lightweight, but I wouldn't ride it through the rain into town and leave it there.

But who knows what the future will bring...

I hope I can enter a beaten up Bates BAR or Vegrandis next year :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Strangely, I wish I could get on the Phillips and take it for a ride round the block. I can't say that about all the bikes entered here.
The "oily rag resto" has its place!

Good luck in the poll.

Re:

Thanks for that @twosheds, if you are in the area you are always welcome to give it a spin... Will probably put a big smile on your face, wrestling through the corners ;)

May I..?

it's my 'mais oui'nter bike..

Not sure the frame was built by the man himself, probably one bought in and badged up as I can't locate a frame number, it's good old 531 tubed, built up with chorus 10 speed H+Son archetype 32/32 and is a little gem to ride.

22545222203_57ebe57b37_z.jpg

22876434140_e3d5efc940_z.jpg

Looking like a very good month :)
There are lots of other British machines out there that we have yet to see and apreciate. There are a few here I haven't seen before so remember, if you haven't got a build thread over in readers rides, then get one started. That will get a bit of banter and discourse going about them. I know from my own personal view there are a few I'd like to know more about.
Please dig deep in the shed and keep them coming :)

Jamie

Back