Rare Retrobikes...

The bike that keeps popping in my head from the old days is the Volvo Cannondale super V downhill bike that Missy etc rode. I loved that bike and it was awsome when it first arrived and havent seen one since?

Maybe a long term project to build if the frame and parts are still about?

daj":32xa38h6 said:
The bike that keeps popping in my head from the old days is the Volvo Cannondale super V downhill bike that Missy etc rode. I loved that bike and it was awsome when it first arrived and havent seen one since?

Maybe a long term project to build if the frame and parts are still about?

I've got some pics in the 97 catalogue, really cool with the spinergys big moto forks and a mahoosive chainring on the coda cranks :cool:

the rarest bike ive ever had was the raleigh centenary edition road bike which was (still is) gold plated.loved that bike ....yup until i sold it that is.ive never seen one on the road cept mine...any one else seen one?

Hello kaiser,

Would you be able to do a scan please? With the complete spec?

That would be really great

Cheers

Dave

Thats superb!! Memories flooding back of my grubby mits wearing out one of them 1996 brochures!! ha.ha :D

Thanks again

Merlin Boy":2qmzc62q said:
I like to see a full titanium Slingshot.
Never seen it so far, only a photo of the frame in Mountainbike Action.

Mongoose Iboc Signature not seen a lot (made by Merlin :cool:: titanium with steel.
Here is a photo of my Mongoose Iboc Signature frame:

I don't know why, but I have come across a lot of those - 4 in the last 18 months or so. The LBS near me in the early 90s had 2 full Ti IBOCs, also made by Merlin. I've not see one since.

Even when stuff is rare it still seems to turn up. My Talon Slayer is certainly a rare bird given that less than 10 were made. The low numbers didn't stop MBA from featuring the bike in its elevated chainstay shootout.

I dig rareness in bikes when it coincides with some nostalgic connection. The rarity make hunting the bike (or part) down more fun, so with all due respect to Mr. K, I think it is different from just one-upmanship.

Since I have limited space rarity is a factor when I decide if a bike has to go. If a bike is less rare it means by definition that it will be easier to pick up again should I be so inclined in the future.

There was an amazing Weigle mountain bike on ebay not that long ago that sold for $900. It was mint and had fake lugs a la Annapurna. I regret not going for it.

apart from my obvious droolers like a cr7 i think my dream rarity would have to be an old ZINN :cool:

vaguely remember that woman with the round glasses racing them in late eighties but can't remember her name :roll:

found one for sale in america couple of months ago but bloke never got back to me :cry:

Serge bike junky":33x7x3dj said:
apart from my obvious droolers like a cr7 i think my dream rarity would have to be an old ZINN :cool:

vaguely remember that woman with the round glasses racing them in late eighties but can't remember her name :roll:

found one for sale in america couple of months ago but bloke never got back to me :cry:

Pretty sure that's Jackie Phelan you're thinking of, it was the ZINN's that finally made me start seriously thinking about getting one of those "new fangled mountain bikes"! :)

Back