Prestige Marin Team/Team Issue - differences

Are those switchblades on the photo on the previous page?

The wording in the post made it seem like they were a Marin fork of some sort?

Are those switchblades on the photo on the previous page?

The wording in the post made it seem like they were a Marin fork of some sort?

They’re not Switchblades in the pic. I think @Tootyred was just saying that a Switchblade is a Tange straight fork 👍🏼

Yes....just that switchbades are a straight blade option.. some were built with prestige tubing. I was wondering if thats an option you had considered.

Great thread, really gone down the rabbit hole! 😁

Some of the Browning Pine Mountain's were Prestige right? Would love a tidy grey/pink 90 Team or neon yellow 89 Pine Mountain.:cool:

I wonder how no earlier catalogues have turned up. We only have 91 onwards in the archive and there’s only snippets of other catalogues I can find elsewhere

I found a few more pics of mine on my phone, and a reply I received from Marin Tech when I emailed them.

“Hello Adrian and thanks for the email and support of Marin Bikes,

Greetings from Northern California! Unfortunately my old serial number cypher does not seem to match up at all to your serial number, and could you please send me a few photos so I could have a better look? I had an old '88 Tom Teasdale built Fisher Mt. Tam and how I loved that bike!”

2832F62B-B72A-425E-9C40-5E0B1E8F8071.jpeg A75A560E-B0D3-46B2-A246-E326CFB08ED5.jpeg AD86EED9-15C5-4765-827B-E6A42B7AA9F7.jpeg 55BD4F96-3D4C-461B-869B-2C4FCDFF802A.jpeg 453C310D-944A-4FFB-BA72-BC9AD3591BC2.jpeg

Wow, that really is a wonderful looking bike.

Yes....just that switchbades are a straight blade option.. some were built with prestige tubing. I was wondering if thats an option you had considered.

Ah, I get it now! And I hadn't even really started thinking about forks, tbh. Seeing as how the frame is coming with some Rockstar's, but...

I do love a straight rigid fork, so consider the Switchblades considered!

Many thanks to everyone who’s contributed wisdom and detail. Found more here than I expected when I first posted, and am much better guided in the search now!

And thanks for making the thread in the first place! Without your prompting we wouldn't have all this excellent info in one place.

Which I, for one, am very, very grateful for!

It's already helped me endlessly.

Not to mention made me even more excited about the bike that's on it's way...

Back