Pleasant unexpected find - 1990 Zolatone Team Marin

Re:

Bike is awesome. I own exactly the same model, and ride quality is beyond imaginations. I have mine more then 10 years, and now bike has more then 20 years of riding. When I bought it, every parts was same like at your bike. In meantime, i've changed most of the parts and repaint frame.
I hope that you will repair your bike and enjoy in ride like i do.

Re: Re:

zoraja":vlnc4uub said:
Bike is awesome. I own exactly the same model, and ride quality is beyond imaginations. I have mine more then 10 years, and now bike has more then 20 years of riding. When I bought it, every parts was same like at your bike. In meantime, i've changed most of the parts and repaint frame.
I hope that you will repair your bike and enjoy in ride like i do.

Thanks mate, looking forward to the first ride :)

Before
8V2469v.jpg

Now
Ft10W8d.jpg

tfz5NHG.jpg

minor_LEGEND":1wgcnojy said:
Brilliant. I love a resto rather than just throwing nos parts at something.
Time & effort.

Cheers for that.

Afraid the XT wheel skewers and Kalloy seat skewer are NOS as the chrome had eaten them too much for my tastes on this build, passed them onto another Retrobiker though so not going to waste.

I'm torn re what saddle to use, no chance of me getting hold of an original, much like the tyres. I have a black perforated Vetta Gel saddle as pictured at the start of thread but it has a long rip on the back. Shall I use this or a lovely brown Turbo I have?

Got some lovely XT pedals and Ritchey tan wall tyres coming :)

Minifreak":3hl5ie3b said:
Very nice :)

Love the original colour scheme but looks like a great daily now.

Do you have any others?

No, this is my one and only.
Use for commuting, fitness, touring etc.

zoraja":y6mwvnmk said:
Minifreak":y6mwvnmk said:
Very nice :)

Love the original colour scheme but looks like a great daily now.

Do you have any others?

No, this is my one and only.
Use for commuting, fitness, touring etc.

Got to say it looks fantastic as you've got it, almost like new despite its real age.

Back