Pleasant unexpected find - 1990 Zolatone Team Marin

Re: Re:

Dossa":k4oc53tn said:
Great stuff, I love threads like this - proper "warts 'n all" rebuilds :cool:

Sometimes I think of a bike has made it this far in such a condition the patina deserves to stay. I love the way it looks although I want a new 'M' for the right hand fork leg as I rubbed a bit off :facepalm:

Now with longer black alloy bars due to difficulty in having some painted to original Fluoro pink. Just waiting for correct length canti cable for the front.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

It rides so much better with the wider bars. Yet to take it out for a proper thrashing in the mud but need to do this and get an in use pic for BOTM :)

Really like the shape of the Vetta Gel perforated saddle but it has a big rip across the back so bought a perforated Turbo dated 1990, swap it over at some point.

It certainly has come a long way since you 1st got it and those bars do make an improvement to the appearance of the bike as the originals were way to narrow and just looked wrong which is a shame but at least the black bars do tie in nicely and help to stabilise the ride of the bike :) ..

Muddy paw":lhe9z4vo said:
It certainly has come a long way since you 1st got it and those bars do make an improvement to the appearance of the bike as the originals were way to narrow and just looked wrong which is a shame but at least the black bars do tie in nicely and help to stabilise the ride of the bike :) ..

I did plan to take this one out for a muddy blast today but couldn't bring myself to get it that muddy. Will be ridden properly soon.

Your welcome ;) .
Sounds like a job that a certain Muddy would of only been to happy to do it for you :) .

I hope to read an update regarding the 1st proper ride out on the trails soon as the bike so very much deserves it ;) ..

Back