ONZA REPRODUCTIONS!

Crayons":11jh0dln said:
The one thing I wish they'd introduce is new cleats for the Onza pedals. I was lucky and got a NOS set off someone on here years back, but I'm reluctant to use them in case I wear them out and can't get hold of a new set. I bet there are loads of people out there who have pedals with shot elastomers and no cleats.

I agree with their comments re. reissuing white porcs though. They're lusted after because they are so rare and expensive nowadays – if they were a dime a dozen where's the fun in that?? That said a shrewd company would do the minimum run of 3000 then drip feed them into the industry over the years at an elevated price (let's say £30-40 a tyre?? – I bet people would pay that, especially if they did them as kevlar beed) Perhaps they could have them all numbered and signed by someone famous to keep the exclusivity (perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself :oops: )

Over here shops already try to hit us up for $100+ nzd a tyre (maxxis conti's etc) which with the shocking pound rate atm works out to around 45 pound, And considering i've splurged alot more before and spent alot of time rolling around on Kevlar orange / clear tioga psychos , or the ridiculous but pure awesome folding Kevlar bead 1/2 inch slicks made buy some German outfit.

They don't even have to get them into shops.

Actually im sure what would really happen is the factory would make 20 thousand hand over 3000 and flog the rest off online or under some chi shinn or somthing label

HOX onza pedals

knowing nothing about cleat pedals and being completely adverse to anything other than a nice sturdy platform, (i blame bmx and an attitude that still makes me call snickers marathons) im not sure of anyone is interested in these or if these are what is being referred to as HO pedals, but these HOX are on ebay, and they BIN seems very resonable for any sort of pedal really.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ONZA-H-O-X-conver ... 3a545c64d0

charlieboy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: HOX onza pedals

Charlieboy28":2bbcqrs6 said:
knowing nothing about cleat pedals and being completely adverse to anything other than a nice sturdy platform, (i blame bmx and an attitude that still makes me call snickers marathons) im not sure of anyone is interested in these or if these are what is being referred to as HO pedals, but these HOX are on ebay, and they BIN seems very resonable for any sort of pedal really.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ONZA-H-O-X-conver ... 3a545c64d0

charlieboy

the pedals we are reffering too are these ones

u_onza_ho_side.jpg

http://www.bikepro.com/products/pedals/onza.html

Size wise you could grip the pedals with your toes if you where cruising barefeet pretty much. pretty close to eggbeaters really in size.

i used to have a pair but some one stole that bike :/

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Crayons":3lg66oqt said:
I agree with their comments re. reissuing white porcs though. They're lusted after because they are so rare and expensive nowadays – if they were a dime a dozen where's the fun in that?? That said a shrewd company would do the minimum run of 3000 then drip feed them into the industry over the years at an elevated price (let's say £30-40 a tyre?? – I bet people would pay that, especially if they did them as kevlar beed) Perhaps they could have them all numbered and signed by someone famous to keep the exclusivity (perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself :oops: )

Yes, but now we know the minimum run is 3000 we'd all wait until the prices were reasonable....

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Yes, but now we know the minimum run is 3000 we'd all wait until the prices were reasonable....

Shhhh, dont say that or he won't make them, was gonna send him this link to evidence interest,lol

Slightly off topic, but I fitted a pair of the re-issue black porcs on Monday night and I have to say they were the tightest tyres I have ever fitted. Actually took me over an hour for the pair and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder getting them on. Now before anyone takes the p*ss too much, I used to work in a bike shop and have fitted hundreds of tyres with no issues, these were just ridiculous! :oops:

Has anyone else experienced the same issues with these tyres and if so, any hints or tips for an easier fit?

Have you tried using smaller wheels,
in all seriousness however i had no problem fitting my porcs, though i must say the rims I'm using are very very thin and perhaps this played a part.

charlieboy28

were you using Matrix rims by any chance ?

they are a pain in the a*** to get tyres on and off .

BarneyRubble":1erv8cd7 said:
Slightly off topic, but I fitted a pair of the re-issue black porcs on Monday night and I have to say they were the tightest tyres I have ever fitted. Actually took me over an hour for the pair and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder getting them on. Now before anyone takes the p*ss too much, I used to work in a bike shop and have fitted hundreds of tyres with no issues, these were just ridiculous! :oops:

Has anyone else experienced the same issues with these tyres and if so, any hints or tips for an easier fit?

The ones I had were really tight on Mavic 517's but fne on Bonty rims.
If you're struggling to get them on try using some soapy water around the bead.

Back