ONZA REPRODUCTIONS!

MJN":etmap3jo said:
BarneyRubble":etmap3jo said:
Slightly off topic, but I fitted a pair of the re-issue black porcs on Monday night and I have to say they were the tightest tyres I have ever fitted. Actually took me over an hour for the pair and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder getting them on. Now before anyone takes the p*ss too much, I used to work in a bike shop and have fitted hundreds of tyres with no issues, these were just ridiculous! :oops:

Has anyone else experienced the same issues with these tyres and if so, any hints or tips for an easier fit?

The ones I had were really tight on Mavic 517's but fne on Bonty rims.
If you're struggling to get them on try using some soapy water around the bead.

I was fitting them on 2 different types of rim, a Mavic 517, (very tight) and a Sun Rim CR-18 which is where it went pear shaped! It literally seemed to be too small for the rim and only an incredible amount of swearing a brute force eventually worked it on there. Funny thing is the Sun looked to have a shallower profile than the ceramic mavic, but was harder to fit.

The tyres are cheap as chips for a Kevlar bead so can't complain too much, but I won't be buying any more when they wear out (in about a week :LOL: )

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back