My Lemond

Re:

m interesting..on mine down tube and top tube fixing to the head, is lugged.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 829
Some were,I think the Bilato frames are unique as they were made with what was available and they are subtly different. Depending on tubing some were lugged and some were braced lungless.

After months of trying finally got a response from Mavic about my Cosmic wheels. Unfortunately they can't supply spare hub covers so I'm going to get some custom made. It's a shame Mavic aren't like Campagnolo as I'm sure they would have spares for older parts. Modern parts are disposable not like older parts which were made to last. At least after this experience I won't be buying Cosmics for my new road bike, I quite like Fast Forward and there replacement policy.

dunno about finding parts for 1st generation ergo levers yet[return springs feel tired]
i was going to get some nos mavic cxp30 clincher's rims a while back then read up and found they
are useless without the concealed recessed spoke nipples ! phew.
i did buy some cosmic clinchers 16 spoke jobby's once they looked really good...that was the
trouble.they were too good for ,my country roads,m weight the rain.
i thought about just using them for the build photo.i flogged them for the cost not the usual loss :cool:
at the mo i have a strange liking for lots of spokes :?

oonaf it's the blue hub covers in the pics. Mavic recalled the wheels apparently due to these splitting.i never got a recall letter as I've had these since new. Can't get them anywhere and I've scoured the globe looking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 733
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 733
oh yeah i see. dont know if highpath engineering are still trading for bespoke.
not sure how thin they are but pure nylon is a tough product.
from the pic they look like simple cups, may be even that reader/sponsor here that
does anodising could do them.if you did get them 3d printed be great to see pics of the process
here .
gerbil

They are just cups that fit over the cones. Mavic recalled the wheels due to them splitting then re issued in alloy. I'm going to try to get them made in alloy. I've emailed 2 companies in the North East but got no replies. If anyone on this forum could help,that would be great.

Latest posts

Back