My Lemond

can't get over how mint yr paint is spear.i will just have to go faster and hope people
dont notice. but even though he's chipped, amongst all the modern stuff i am proud to own him :)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,142
All the Lemond's from that era are different which makes them unique. I have cherished mine since new. It gets cleaned after every ride and stripped down and serviced every 6 months. Plus I renew all the consumables regularly.

mm although i have yet to try out other makes.from jumping to lemond glx from a giant peleton was a
mile stone.it was just so predictable,safe and comfortable.it was like it had a soul that wanted to help
me become a better rider,a true comfort zone...so to speak.something tells me that if i say build a collection
of 8 or so,i might well do a full circle back to him as the sweetest handling ;)

A local engineering company are looking at making me some hub covers for my Cosmic wheels,the things you have to do to keep retro bikes on the road.

Update on My Lemond. Today I replaced the brake blocks on my dual pivot brakes,the original ones now 20 years had plenty of life but the rubber was getting brittle. Got some replacement blocks from total cycling who are very good for spares. I'd read some posts on how hard it is to change them but it was straightforward and took half an hour.
Also spent some time polishing the frame,got some miracle polish which I have to say is the best I've used. Bike now ready for another year,although there is always tinkering to be done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,060
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,060
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,060
Re:

yeah' muc off' stuff is sound.the citrus degreaser i got from wilko's=false economy not v good. :|

Things looking positive on the Cosmic hub front. Had a meeting with a local engineering company,they are going to do the CAD drawings and manufacture the replacement blue covers in alloy. They are a respected company so results should be good.

Update, finally got some Delta brake calipers,unused condition. Will fit once new cables arrive. For sale are the dual pivots in the pics. Owned since new and lovely condition.

Back