MacRetro chat and rides thread

Have to agree with Jamie, go and soak up the atmosphere, chat to random folk. Hours of fun to be had heckling the riders too!

good luck Jame and anyone else participating, hope this perpetual wind F*CKs right off, I'm suffering serious cabin fever here

Sadly I'll not get up to the Puffer this year, I did want to and MiniKen wanted to come too but I've too much to do in the house and he has prelims next week.

Jamie, Kaiser and Brian I hope you enjoy it - looks like it could be an epic year.

Say Hi to Si and Gil - and look out for John McClaggan on the Fatbike team - good lad I used to work with him... he lives in Inverness so he might make Jamie and Brians fat bike runs if you introduce yourselves.

With the weather I might be snowboarding on Sunday so my weekend won't be all bad.

Re: Re:

Hawmaw":25vios5y said:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycle-accessories/used-6-times-almost-brand-new-mtb-shoe-with-clits-mtb-dmt-krypton-2-size-6.5-7/1096757575

Spotted these shoes on Gumtree with an interesting accessory included :p

I wondered why a shoe had a tongue :shock:

Just home and will post a write up somewhere, but what an EPIC F'ing weekend.
Our Fatbike team came in second in the 10 man class. We had a ball but it was very very cold, snowy, fun, tiring, muddy and then a bit more icy etc but great. Kaiser was camped next to us and had a good time as well and Brian was running solo as well, though he got fed up with his carbon fatbike and rebuilt his Pugsley in the small hours to finish on steel. It was a very sociable weekend which was just as well as being in a nine man team left some waiting time to fill.
We did have home brew to keep us going through the night. Theres nothing like going out at 2 am into the snow and ice at around minus 6 after having a pint and a half and a bowl of chili. Also Dave your mate John was on our team, He sent me a message the other week on the Fatbike forum but its only just clicked just now how it all fits together. He's a good guy and we will hook up again sometime down that way.
Jamie

Kaiser in action on the very first lap. By 3am this will be about 10 foot wide and 6 inches deep in sloppy gloopy mud.

Back