MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Thanks guys but you just started talking 'engineering' so I didn't understand a word of that :?
Bodgineering is make it up as you go along which I can figure but lathes and turning down and cutting dies and stuff just leaves me gibbering in the corner :roll:
Need to put thinking cap on but I'm still pretty sure my bodge will work fine and I have all the bits already.

velomaniac":2j2jsqbw said:
Not getting back on fat site, its the fat bikers I'm avoiding not fatbikes....

Yeah, there was a guy there called Half-fat. I reckon he had it in for you... :)

But seriously, we miss your posts.

Currently looking for an elusive 175mm hollow axle. I know they exist as I've had a couple in the past. Then use an extra long skewer which I already have.
Alternatively go solid axle and attach axle extender if needed which also exist and I have in my spares bucket. Alternatively copy Salsa's idea of a spacer attached via the IS disc mounts to take up the extra 35mm and use a normal hub. Some alloy flat plate would be used but I'm avoiding this route as its on the edge of my skill base.
There are many bodges that can be tried but I'll be going for the cheapest and simplest most probably.

Ill also throw my tuppence in and suggest a 150mm and some extra spacers to make up the difference with is minimal :? 10mm per side :? is nothing.

Ive a bulb 150mm internals. picked up the hub because it was broken ( WHAT WAS I THINKING!!) its for bolt through . The axle is a total of 133mm long

As for fatbikers missing my posts.........Ha !!!!!!!!!!
Many of them I'm sure are too up themselves to notice I've gone :roll:

True Dyna but I'm so far removed from DH, freeride and modern stuff in general that I just dont get 150mm hubs with thru axles and the vast variety of different diameter axles. My head hurts !

Ach away V. Engineering is engineering. you dont need a degree or even any training. I think all practical people can easily turn their hand to what is required
Its simple if you break it down

Spacing at rear- 170mm
Whatever hub you use the bearings will determine the axle diameter ,all sizes are available
EG- I have a screw on hope tandem hub. As far as im aware tandems are 150mm rear. Which means if you fit the longer axle and put something in at 10mm each side to make up the deficit then whatever spacers are required.
:LOL: That would be perfect for you V
40h tandem screw on with spline for disc beefed out to 170mm+ :LOL:

Re:

Pugsley ready for the road tour :)

And in other fat bike news(well kinda) I lumped in with the Rooster Kickstarter :)

Back