MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Hmmm...Def something about it though..

In other news, my 907 is due to be built in next few weeks. New shed next Friday as well.

Then singlespeed the zaskar and I'm good to go.

zigzag":3gkdyc6b said:
£400 is significantly better. Supporting a British company is always a good thing, plus it's not a bloody Surly! :p

Agree with you about the tyres. That''ll come, Maxxis and Vee Rubber were showing some new 3.0 tyres recently at the Taiwan bike show. More of a concern is the cost of a new 29+ wheelset, but worst case scenario is I run it with standard 29 wheels, and/or my fat front which I am still loving very much.

I think the yellow colour scheme very much divides opinion. I hated it to begin with, but I've warmed to it slightly though I'd still prefer the swift blue.

All the above! And the Rooster has a triple butted tubeset, anything cage mounts and I believe more clearance than the Krampus. I've always liked Singular as a company/one man band too, Sam seems straight down the middle, does what he wants and is trying to make it chasing his dream, totally believes in his bikes and all round good sort. I've wanted a Singluar for a while and this has ticked the most boxes for me :) I'm down with the Yellow now, have a build plan in my head and the yellow will work out nice.

velomaniac":ksnblx02 said:
Whit no frame bag K or fork leg carriers, frankly that looks under done :LOL:

zigzag":ksnblx02 said:
What's your plans for the Pug tour then?

Nae frame bag yet V, old school...for the road anyway :) As I was getting my kit together I realised most of it is around 20+yrs old, but was all good stuff BITD the Thermarest was one of the first and the Ajungilak bag was a top performer, ditto the Ortlieb panniers, testament to the stuff thats its still going strong!

Pug tour was to head to Arran then Cloanaig (sp?) pick uo Sustrans route 78 to Fort William, 3 days, one night camping and one in a hotel. All went well, weather was okay ish, droont getting to FW yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyable wee break and the Pug worked well with the Larrys pumped up.

Re:

Cannae say I'm feeling the Bucksaw, full suss doesn't make much sense to me, with no controllable rebound in the tyres will the suspension have to over work itself to accommodate?

Re:

This is the the frame bag you need K, much more civilised.....

xbooze-carrying-bike-accessory.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.UkBlN9zxDf.webp

Re:

ZZ have you gone for the blue or the yella then?

That was the idea i had in mind when this came up before. I'd go for something more along the lines of a laminate :? Could engineer the curves to suit you knees and allow a bulge of some sort for large beer bottles :?
It would make for an interesting project

Re: Re:

kaiser":npttsi4g said:
ZZ have you gone for the blue or the yella then?
Went for Large Blue with anywhere cage mounts. Swithered briefly about the yellow, but the blue will work better with the blue bits already on the Mary (including the fat front wheel). Yourself?

Latest posts

Back