MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Last part of xmas present arrived, so Budsley has been on a bit of a high fibre diet. New rear wheel and lightweight (all things relative) tyre dropped nearly 2lbs (yes really, off one wheel) and new forks and seatpost lost just over a pound. The difference is noticeable when picking the bike up and especially when accelerating out of slow corners. Looks fab too!

IMG_0339 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

zigzag":1ilr97nb said:
Are you sure she didn't say..
keithyr":1ilr97nb said:
mind you the wife says i need a new wife afore any more bikes!

:D aye an i said watch yersel hen, yer oan a shoogly wicket as Hannah Barnes is single! (if i can get her out of Clubbys mucky paws) :shock:

Braw clubby! And now you've got a spare fat fork you can build a lovely half-fat! ;)

And while we are on the subject of (not) lightweight fat tyres - weighed my On-One floater last night - 1,492 g. Bloody hell.

Thats normal, but its less depressing than the 24 x 3" tyres I was trying out which weigh near on 1.5 kilo's an all. How can so small a tyre weigh so much. My Gazza 2.6 weighs well over a kilo aswell.

was thinking of using 24 x 3s to make a fat bike for mK, could look quite cool, are they soft/flexible enough a tyre? I'd imagine they are quite thick rubber therefore less flexible for spreading the footprint of the bike.

zigzag":6et6dax1 said:
Braw clubby! And now you've got a spare fat fork you can build a lovely half-fat! ;)

Well I do have an original 853 Inbred I don't use much and I could use the rim and tyre from my original rear wheel.

STOP GIVING ME IDEAS :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back